• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Quick Bloodpresure question

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any supps or foods you guys would recomened to help lower it.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lowering calories, and eating vegetables come to mind, theres a lot of studies showing an anti-hypertensive effect. You'll find a bunch of herbs and shit which claim an anti-hypertensive effect, but overall their effects probably aren't very profound. Who is this for, and what is the current reading?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lowering calories, and eating vegetables come to mind, theres a lot of studies showing an anti-hypertensive effect. You'll find a bunch of herbs and shit which claim an anti-hypertensive effect, but overall their effects probably aren't very profound. Who is this for, and what is the current reading?

Its for me iron slave I had it done at the office I work at and it was 140 over 88 :(

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And thanks iron sorry if I didnt seem greatful

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its for me iron slave I had it done at the office I work at and it was 140 over 88 :(

did u walk right up to the machine and do it or did u have a period of at least 5 minutes to rest after walking to the room? That will have some effect on BP.

Try drinking 2 TBSP of apple cidar vinegar morning noon and before bed. It has a good effect on BP aswell.

God Bless
Ben

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Walked right up to it Thanks ben i will get myself some What about hawtrone berry

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And thanks iron sorry if I didnt seem greatful

No problem, do you have a history of it in your family?

Regardless, by far the best solution dude is this, go on a cut and lose some weight.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No problem, do you have a history of it in your family?

Regardless, by far the best solution dude is this, go on a cut and lose some weight.

Thanks again Ironslave Im going to cardio 6 days a week

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The machines are meant for an average adult arm, size 9-13 inches is what I have seen on the machines, and a larger arm will skew the reading. Unless you have it done by a physician with a normal size cuff I wouldnt take teh results into too serious of consideration. 140 over 88 isnt in need of immediate medical attention or anything (although a healthy range is lower) and could be the result of recent activity as mentioned above or stress/anxiety. The guys above made great suggestions and I would add that you should watch your sodium intake. Water follows Na and high levels of water retention add more pressure and consequently can lead to an increase in blood pressure.
And like IS said, a higher body weight, even if it is massive amount of muscle, will unfortunately cause higher bp almost inevitably. You are not in the disease category yet and I dont think that you will fall into it while eating healthy and exercising (unless of course it is hereditary). I had a machine just the other day clock me at 139/88 and when I was checked by my exercise physiology instructor I was at like 134/85.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The machines are meant for an average adult arm, size 9-13 inches is what I have seen on the machines, and a larger arm will skew the reading. Unless you have it done by a physician with a normal size cuff I wouldnt take teh results into too serious of consideration. 140 over 88 isnt in need of immediate medical attention or anything (although a healthy range is lower) and could be the result of recent activity as mentioned above or stress/anxiety. The guys above made great suggestions and I would add that you should watch your sodium intake. Water follows Na and high levels of water retention add more pressure and consequently can lead to an increase in blood pressure.
And like IS said, a higher body weight, even if it is massive amount of muscle, will unfortunately cause higher bp almost inevitably. You are not in the disease category yet and I dont think that you will fall into it while eating healthy and exercising (unless of course it is hereditary). I had a machine just the other day clock me at 139/88 and when I was checked by my exercise physiology instructor I was at like 134/85.

:49: I hear ya, every time I go to get my BP done at a Doctor's office the sleeve velcro comes undone (being big is such a curse :no:).. But last time I got it check was a few weeks ago and I am 137 over 77, and they said that was pretty normal.
As for help with BP, I would suggest Fish Oils:
Fish oils help prevent cardiovascular disease including fatal and non-fatal heart attacks, strokes, sudden cardiac death, and coronary artery disease. The mechanisms by which fish oils exert their protective effect include:

* Reduction in susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmia
* Decrease in platelet aggregation
* Reduction in triglyceride levels
* Retardation of atherosclerosis
* Lowering of blood pressure
* Promotion of nitric oxide induced endothelial relaxation
* Anti-inflammatory effects.

High blood pressure is associated with high cholesterol levels, poorer glucose control, and with an increased risk of atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
The combination of fish consumption or taking fish oil and weight loss have been shown to improve glucose and insulin metabolism significantly and also resulted in a 38% reduction in triglyceride levels and a 24% increase in the level of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Since I have been taking fish oil on a regular basis I have noticed a decrease in my own BP and less occurring heart palpitations or irregular heart beats that I have had for years and I am not even doing cardio. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Guys all repped.
Well Im also upping my cardio 2 5 x week for like 30 Hope it helps a little thanks again everyone.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i reccomend green tea, drinking 2-3 cups a day,

i used to have high bp, what did what do cardio and drink green tea and just eating healthy and it went down i´m now at 130/70

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is the "bottom" number that is the important one. 8 isn't bad. Normal is 80 and high is usually from 90 on up. Great post by Braaq. Omega 3 oil very good. My wife also had high blood pressure after the birth of our baby, and what helped a lot for her was yoga.

I know that sounds "gay", but try it or at least some relaxed stretching

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i reccomend green tea, drinking 2-3 cups a day,

i used to have high bp, what did what do cardio and drink green tea and just eating healthy and it went down i´m now at 130/70

Effects on blood pressure of drinking green and black tea.
Journal of Hypertension. 17(4):457-463, April 1999.

Results: An acute pressor response to caffeine was observed. Relative to caffeine, there were further acute increases in systolic and diastolic blood pressure at 30 min among those drinking green tea [5.5 mmHg (95%CI -21.4 to 12.4) and 3.1 mmHg (95%CI -0.1 to 6.3)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Effects on blood pressure of drinking green and black tea.
Journal of Hypertension. 17(4):457-463, April 1999.

Results: An acute pressor response to caffeine was observed. Relative to caffeine, there were further acute increases in systolic and diastolic blood pressure at 30 min among those drinking green tea [5.5 mmHg (95%CI -21.4 to 12.4) and 3.1 mmHg (95%CI -0.1 to 6.3)

I was thinking the same thing, since when did something with caffeine lower bp? Even green tea? :dunnodude:

:49:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinking the same thing, since when did something with caffeine lower bp? Even green tea? :dunnodude:

:49:

Caffeine wouldn't, but I'm sure there are probably studies which use isolated extracts from green tea which do have an anti-hypertensive effect, however, one always needs to consider the net effect.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ur disbolic pressure aint that high, thats whats important. the systolic is so easy to measure wrong. ive always been scared of doctors and needles, and when i was at the doctor i measured twice, one time it was 150/85, then i did the needle and measured afterwards, and it was down to 130/75 already+ as others has said, if ure arm is bigger than a normal persons and it feels extremely tight around ur arm then that wont be positive for the outcome. i wouldnt worry about it dude. u should measure a couple of times, and if its consistently high, then take steps like more cardio, less fatty food etc...