• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Quincy Taylor New DVD - Taylor Made DVD Trailer

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not easy to put a lot of quality dense, muscle on a frame like his. That's the reason why there are a very few "top" bodybuilders that are over 5 11. Q would probably have to walk onstage at a minimum of 325 ripped, and shredded pounds to be a totally "complete" top bodybuilder. Think about Ronnie, say about 4 years ago, steppin onstage at around 280, and he's only about 5 9. As a taller guy myself I can definitely feel Q's pain

Couldn't agree more. Quincy though has pretty good genetics considering he's 6'4. He's got really broad shoulders, and big bones to fill up the gaps (check Tony Freeman!). I'm a 6'0 ectomorph, it's really tough building quality muscle mass and symmetry. :(

How tall are you by the way?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, just wasted almost 4 minutes of my life...

B

Batmanx007

I'm assuming you asked me how tall I am. I'm 6' 2' to 2.5"(depends), and right now about 275. I agree that Quincy has great genetics as well. I've met the man on several occasions, and he's one of the most personable in the sport. The 1st time I had a long interaction with him was at the 2006 Europa, where he was very disappointed he placed 2nd behind the X Man. Even after feeling he should've won, he was personable, approachable, and very friendly. I think the smaller bodybuilders have a distinct advantage, their limbs aren't as long, muscles can look fuller and not be nearly as big, and they tend to also be more proportionate generally speaking when comparing above and below the waist. This is not to say anything negative about anyone, I, myself have a deep appreciation for the hard work, and dedication all of you put into your temples. I have been around bodybuilding, and working out for more than 30 years, and I still look forward to going to the shows, and seeing both amateurs, and pros mix it up. I live in Texas, and can't wait for this years' Europa Super Show(already have tix)

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Batmanx007, you're huge! I'm just at 190 for now, my goal is 230. After that, I can only go higher. Anyway, it's true what you said about shorter bodybuilders being more proportionate. You look at guys like Lee Labrada, Mike Mentzer, Flex Wheeler etc, and they are just unsurpassable. There's not too many tall guys to look up to. All my favourite bodybuilders are around 5' 9.

Anyway, maybe when I do get enough money I'll give this DVD a shot! Most bodybuilding DVDs are $40 and over, but you're paying to also support them.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
hmm... he uses a lot of machines. poor guy, he can never place well and he didnt deserve it either since he was talking so much shit for a while. im glad he doesnt talk shit anymore and is actually starting to be positive..... kinda like what happen to Big Sean Allan, hopefully Ben White will stop being so full of himself

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm... he uses a lot of machines. poor guy, he can never place well and he didnt deserve it either since he was talking so much shit for a while. im glad he doesnt talk shit anymore and is actually starting to be positive..... kinda like what happen to Big Sean Allan, hopefully Ben White will stop being so full of himself

About ankle biters and blocks of cheese? :iorofl:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
About ankle biters and blocks of cheese? :iorofl:

LMAO yeah. it was funny when gustavo replied by taking his shirt off and showing him up. He talks shit about short guys who are full and guys like gustavo coz of his waist and attitude (ironic lol) yet those people are not talking shit about his narrow waist, weak legs, flat upper pecs, and narrow clavicle and inconcistancy

BigNasty99

BigNasty99

lol at about 1:00 into the preview he's posing in public and nobody is paying attention

B

Batmanx007

Johnny5, I;m not as lean as I'd like to be(but I'm workin on it). The BB videos do tend to be a little expensive. I think if you google Quincy, you can find his site, and I think he'll answer 1 or 2 questions about taller athlete training techniques. Where are you located?

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Johnny5, I;m not as lean as I'd like to be(but I'm workin on it). The BB videos do tend to be a little expensive. I think if you google Quincy, you can find his site, and I think he'll answer 1 or 2 questions about taller athlete training techniques. Where are you located?

Yeah, he has a pretty nice website. A lot of photos. I think this has to be my favourite picture though, everyone should have a look at this. Quincy standing right next to Silvio:

Light weight!

Batmanx007 I'm actually in Montreal, Canada. There's not as many shows here, it'd be cool to meet some of the top bodybuilders.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff