• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Radeon 5870 with Eyeinfinity technology

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
awesome video card, can run up to 6 HD displays.
makes any vid card nvidia has now look like nothing.

5870_full-1.png

5870_beauty_full-1.png


from maximum pc .com

AMD packs 2.15 billion transistors into a tiny chip, offering outstanding performance, DirectX 11 support, and triple-monitor (or better) capability. Nvidia’s response is nowhere to be seen

Six Monitors, One Card

displayconfigs_full-1.png


One of the more intriguing aspects of the Radeon HD 5870 is its use of multiple displays, something AMD dubs “Eyefinity.” The first shipping HD 5870 comes with four display connectors: two DVI, one DisplayPort, and one HDMI. Up to three monitors can be connected to any three of the four connectors. (Due to timing limitations, all four connectors can’t be used simultaneously.) Later this year, AMD will ship a card with six DisplayPort adapters, capable of connecting up to six DisplayPort-equipped monitors at the same time.

For cards supporting up to three displays, usage scenarios might include three wide screen displays in portrait mode, side by side. Cards capable of driving six simultaneous digital monitors could support a variety of display options: 3 x 2 landscape, 2 x 2, or oddball scenarios such as 3 x 1 with another 1 on top as an extended display (for flight sims, for example.)

One underlying technology making a six display configuration possible is DisplayPort. The display controller in the RV870 generates only two timing signals, suitable for DVI or VGA. DisplayPort can source external timing signals, and DisplayPort-equipped monitors can act as timing sources.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
ya, i was reading about this yesterday. they were playing some games at 24 megapixels worth of quality. thats crazy!
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
ya, i was reading about this yesterday. they were playing some games at 24 megapixels worth of quality. thats crazy!

Imagine HD porn on that shit, ooo ya
Or playing Crysis and Silent hill on it :drool::drool:
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
Eyeinfinity011 1
88874096 1
Extrema Eyefinity Tech Demo on Linux - 63 Megapixel - X-Plane


1 PC
1 High End Consumer Processor
4 Radeon 5800 family GPUs
24 1920x1200 Display Port Monitors
Ubuntu 9.04
X-Plane 9.40beta

Each monitor was 1920x1200 with a small amount of bezel correction (150 H, 120 V). So the effective displaysize is 1920*6+150*5 = 12270 horizontally and 1200*4+120*3 = 5160 vertically for a total effective resoltuion is 12270*5160 = 63,313,200 pixels!

390724908678e61f8b91b 1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
Also video of them testing Cryengine 3 with 3 HD displays
Cryteks Carl Jones shows Cry-Engine 3 for PC with Ati Eyefinity running on three monitors showing graphical gorgeousness in Triple-Full HD!

34eaqmf 1
2lxjuhe 1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
well the card might have enormous power but ati always fucks up there drivers :49:
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
I just need 5 more 30" 1600P monitors
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
You should never buy the latest cards. They drop in price withing months, and the need for them right now isn't very high. I am running most games today at full spec on an ATI 4670 with no problems.

This card will be worth the purchase in a few years time. Plus, I had a hard time fitting an 8800gtx in my case, this thing is a beast.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
i still have my e6600 running at 3.6 with a 8800GTX and every single game which is out runs great.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
i still have my e6600 running at 3.6 with a 8800GTX and every single game which is out runs great.

How did you manage to get the e6600 to 3.6? Mine is clocked at 2.4.

I used to have that GPU but it died. I now have an ATI 4670.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
Miami, what kind of cooling do you have for that much overclocking?
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
i have this big zalman 9700led cooler and 4 fans inside the case. it runs cool too. use the asus p5w dh deluxe mainboard. the system was the shit back in the day when the 8800gtx came out :spy: i paid almost 700 bucks for it lol
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
I just overlooked my cpu to 3ghz. I don't dare go any higher.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
usually the e6600's run easily up to 3200 with only very little change in voltage ;)

after u overclocked your cpu, test it with prime95 for about 5 or more hours overnight to see if the cpu runs at the speed without errors
 
Top