• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

rate my split!

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
2,986
Points
38
The correct term is mentally handicapped. :tiphat:
 
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
2,986
Points
38
The name's Ed...Special Ed. :tiphat:
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
So midway through my 5th week(on current program) one and a half weeks to go then ill do a bit of a deload. the following program im going to do a similair sort of split just with a lot more exercises on my lighter days. Im happy with how my body is readapting to exercise.

day 1
Light Pull 3-4 sets 8-12 reps 45-90 sec rests between sets
Bodyweight chins underhand grip
Stiff leg deadlifts
Bent Over rows supine grip
Leg Curls (2-3sets)
Arm Curls (2-3sets)
Wrist Curls (2-3sets)

Day2 Push Heavy
5-6 sets 4-6 reps 3 mins rest between sets
Incline bench press
Close grip bench press
Front squat
Calf raise

Day 3 rest

Day 4 Pull Heavy 5-6 sets 4-6 reps 3 mins rest between sets
Weighted Chin ups underhand grip
Supine grip bent over row
Stiff legged deadlifts
Grip work.

Day 5 Light Push 3-4 sets 8-12 reps 45-90 sec rests between sets
Back squat or front squat dunno
Flat bench press
Close grip bench press
Side raise (2-3 sets)
1 arm tricep extension (2-3 sets)
calf raise (2-3 sets)

day 6 and 7 rest.

Plan is to get some power back into some of those presses(since last 5 and half weeks has been the first time in probably 2 years ive done bench work for a month continously!) and add a bit of size onto the back back b. Legs again responded the most to me getting back into training which is why im tossing up front squatting (i wont be able to move as much weight so i shouldnt grow as much :) )

In terms of diet the mrs and I are going to have me eat at a weekly surplus of 3500 cals and Ill sit down and work this out proper with her before i get started.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
1 comment? musclemecca makes me cry
 
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
1,078
Points
38
Why not on heavy Push day go with Back Squats, and then on Light Push go with Front squats? Possible change out one of the cloe grip bench for Dips or something. I personally feel that it is good to have a rotation A and B like DC training. I haven't done this in the past but will soon (next week) incorporate this in my training.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
1 comment? musclemecca makes me cry

:gtfoslap:

Protocol looks good Pickle. the only thing I would change are the SLDL's I'm not a big fan of them so I would replace them with GHR/goodmornings and on the heavy pull day I would do some regular/sumo or rack deads.
 
Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
397
Points
16
:gtfoslap:

Protocol looks good Pickle. the only thing I would change are the SLDL's I'm not a big fan of them so I would replace them with GHR/goodmornings and on the heavy pull day I would do some regular/sumo or rack deads.

Agreed, at least on the heavy day do regular deads.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
:gtfoslap:

Protocol looks good Pickle. the only thing I would change are the SLDL's I'm not a big fan of them so I would replace them with GHR/goodmornings and on the heavy pull day I would do some regular/sumo or rack deads.

I dunno if my hips will like the stance of a sumo, wide stance stuff usually cripples me and i dont have the balls to do regular deads just yet with my lower back problems. whats ghr stand for, i am drawing a blank? I dont mind doing goodmornings maybe them on a light day still got 2 weeks till i begin. :food-snacking:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
I dunno if my hips will like the stance of a sumo, wide stance stuff usually cripples me and i dont have the balls to do regular deads just yet with my lower back problems. whats ghr stand for, i am drawing a blank? I dont mind doing goodmornings maybe them on a light day still got 2 weeks till i begin. :food-snacking:

GHR = Glute ham raises. Heres a vid of Layne Norton doing some GHR's. I would suggest to start wihtoud weight because its a really heavy exercise



 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
ofcourse! thanks philo. I dunno if im ready for them of any description yet. only been back training for 10 weeks but ill def keep them in mind. Layne hammers them in that vid doesn't he?
 

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
2
Views
132
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
RockyBuilder
Replies
3
Views
190
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
CoachCelestine
Replies
0
Views
364
CoachCelestine
CoachCelestine
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
179
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Top