• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Recent change in well being post-workout

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For about two weeks now following certain exercises or the entire workout I've had a rather upset feeling within. I've thrown up twice due to this feeling, and find myself inbetween sets sitting down and resting. Otherwise, I get this overwhelming feeling of dizziness combined with the urge to yack.

I've stopped wearing hoodys during my workouts, this has seemed to help to an extent. Legs and Lats are usually the biggest culprits behind this, the major factor being intensity of course during this span. However, my intensity is no different than it was just a few months ago, bringing me to my confused state.

I am taking some prescribed medications for my heart at the moment, I rather not name them but I have read the side effects and none relate to my current problem.

Any sort of educational feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you squatting for a change? :keke:

How is your blood pressure? Do the meds affect that?

I had a problem with dizziness following NO use.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why dont you just go see a doctor?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why dont you just go see a doctor?

I'm going to see them for my elbow's so I do plan on bringing it up. However, Navy doctors are paid to take care of us quickly and not to thoroughly unleased really necessary so I really doubt I'd get an in depth reason from them. Plus, anything related to exercise, Navy doctors are not the greatest. I'm still going to ask though, wont hurt.

I'd still like some insight from educated members though, what's the harm in that?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you squatting for a change? :keke:

How is your blood pressure? Do the meds affect that?

I had a problem with dizziness following NO use.

Blood pressure is around 120/65 currently.

No, no squats, my back issue is very evident these days so Leg Press, Hack Squats, etc are my staple to legs.

I won't tell them about my back until next year around this time as I'll be back from Italy then and the Navy will perform the surgery on me to fix me. Plus I'll get paid medical when I get out, excellence.

At first I thought it was an over heating issue, that's what I'm still thinking. Plus, my heart rate will be through the roof for a good half hour following the workouts. Thus the reason for just sitting or laying down afterwards, otherwise I get light headed. Walking in the grocery store like that is a chore.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting blood pressure.

You may just get nausea from really pushing yourself because you are getting blood pooling. Are they long sets with big exercises?

I'm completely guessing here of course. What is the heart problem?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting blood pressure.

You may just get nausea from really pushing yourself because you are getting blood pooling. Are they long sets with big exercises?

I'm completely guessing here of course. What is the heart problem?

Higher reps, yes. 20 rep legs, 12+ reps with the lats. Even when I go very heavy with certain movements and only do 4-6 reps I sometimes have the over bearing feeling of nausea.

Heart Problem: Extremely low HDL Cholesterol (nearly nonexistant). Also, something having to do with my lipids as well. For my age it's made the doctors quite uneasy. They summed it up as I have the heart of a 60 year old and am apparently at quite the risk for a heart attack and cardiovascular disease.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Sounds like it is straight up nausea. Probably exacerbated by the condition.

Of course I know SFA about medicine. Get the MD to check out your ticker and ask wether the meds or the condition could be causing this.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Sounds like it is straight up nausea. Probably exacerbated by the condition.

Of course I know SFA about medicine. Get the MD to check out your ticker and ask wether the meds or the condition could be causing this.

Indeed. Thanks for your insight Tim, always appreciated.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BP is a bit low.

PS: Maybe you are just in love?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BP is a bit low.

PS: Maybe you are just in love?

Funny you say that about my blood pressure as it is actually at a life time high for me. It's gone up with the additional weight I've put on. I recall about 50lbs ago my Diastolic was in the low 50s on certain testings. Also, about 80lbs ago my systolic wasn't even over 100. My blood pressure has always been on the low side. I've been told it's not a bad thing.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Low Bp isn't bad, but it makes you feel like shit and very dizzy

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This might be overly simple but how long is the period between your shake and your workout? I notice I tend to get nausea if I go in before an hour after drinking it.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This might be overly simple but how long is the period between your shake and your workout? I notice I tend to get nausea if I go in before an hour after drinking it.

shake? I don't drink any sort of pre-workout shake nor do I take any pre-workout supplements.

I eat chicken or oatmeal before hand, that's about it.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How long before is what I was getting at, as in eating to close to working out.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How long before is what I was getting at, as in eating to close to working out.

I always have eaten close to a workout, I'm one of the few people that like going to the gym feeling satisfied. Not so much full, but very satisfied.

Your theory fails.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Well it seems to me food+working out straight after eating=vomiting :e5dunno: