• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Recommendations for workout videos pls

F

fitNryt

New member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2
Points
1
So how do I tone my arms without bulking up?
I've tried some net articles about this but I'm getting nowhere.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm just not following instructions that well. Maybe if I could see how it's done. Any idea how to get videos of workouts?
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
Hi Nryt
your've done the right thing by making a thread to ask your questions
but in the wrong section but thats okay, it will be moved to the correct area of the forum

for us to be able to help you, if you don't mind
can you share some details about your self with us

Weight
height
any pictures
what your current diet looks like
current workout routine looks like

with that information myself and other members will be able to help you with the correct diet and training routine for you to reach your set goals
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Moved to the training section.

To "tone up" your arms without "bulking" up is essentially a contradiction in terms.

"Tone" is a poorly derived term used by mainstream media or personal trainers. What they are meaning with this term could be "becoming leaner" or it could mean "becoming more muscular". Either way the end result is muscle that is more noticeable.

"Bulking up" in the manner you have used it is ellusive. Bulking up is generally a term for putting on mass, but I think you are referring to the large mass gains that you see in pro-bodybuilders or in people who gain a lot of weight with not all of it being muscle.

To have more defined arms requires the addition of muscle mass and/or the loss of body fat. This results in the muscle becoming more prominant.

Now that we have cleared that up, if you could provide more details, as Dridz has pointed out above, then we can address more specifics.
 
F

fitNryt

New member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
2
Points
1
I'm 5'3 and I'm 187 lbs. I'm sorry about the contradicting terms. I'm new at this. I meant that although I like seeing muscles (like pro-bodybuilder's) in other people, I think it just wouldn't look right on me since I'm a little small. I want to have defined muscles much like a swimmers'. Sorry if I'm pretty vague.

I'm just starting out so little patience with a newbie would help a lot
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
As Dridderz pointed out earlier, what is your current training program and how is your nutrition?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Also may want to add some estimates of your bodyfat. At 187lb/85kg and 5'3"/160cm you would be considered obese.

So unless you are already pretty muscular, then I'd say the first step is getting more active and cleaning up your diet.
 

Similar threads

SteelPhysique
Replies
1
Views
153
AlphaLifter
AlphaLifter
SpotMePlease
Replies
5
Views
211
JayRooker
JayRooker
CoachCelestine
Replies
1
Views
173
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
Top