• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rematch of Whittaker and Romero for the UFC middleweight belt

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On June 10, we will see the UFC middleweight championship between champion Robert Whittaker and #1 contender Yoel Romero. It is actually a rematch because Whittaker had won their first meeting for the Interim belt. When champion Michael Bisping was defeated by George St. Pierre and later vacated the seat, the interim champion Whittaker was proclaimed champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After 5 rounds, Robert Whittaker won by split decision over Cuban Yoel Romero. Whittaker was floored several times by the hard punches of Romero but Whittaker was consistent in his offense. Whittaker slowed down in the last round due to a broken right hand. It can be remembered that Whittaker had an injured leg in their first fight.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now, this was one fight that I really enjoyed. The kick from Whittaker that landed on Romero's right eye was scary as hell. But Romero's left hand power shots did not disappoint either. It was a close call though.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The commentators led by Joe Rogan were complaining about the majority decision that was awarded to Whittaker. They said that the last 2 rounds were obviously a 10-8 round which should have eclipsed the decision to a unanimous in favor of Yoel Romero. In the interview, Romero said that he felt he had been robbed of victory. By the way, Romero was overweight by 0.2 pounds, another issue that the commentators were ranting about that Romero should have been allowed an hour to shed off that excess weight. If Romero had won the fight, he would not get the belt since he was overweight. And if you think Whittaker had faded in the last rounds, he had a broken right hand hence he was fighting only with his left hand.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a narrow win, so I can understand why Romero claims he was robbed of victory. Although, I don't know why he was complaing considering he's the one who made the fight a non-title one after failing to make weight.

M

Maestro

From what I remember, Whittaker really worked Romero's legs from the minute they touched gloves. Most of Romero's punches kept missing the target although he landed a couple of shots.