• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Right Call Having Flex Lewis Qualify in Open For Olympia

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Dan Solomon put one of the main questions to rest immediately regarding James "Flex" Lewis and if he is automatically qualified for the 2022 Olympia. The seven-time 212 Olympia Showdown winner is in fact lifetime qualified - but only in the 212. If he is going to compete in the open as he has stated, he will have to qualify like any other bodybuilder.

This is the right decision by Solomon. Sure, Lewis may end up getting a special invite, but that may set a bad precedent. He will be able to enter a show during the year and probably win without much fanfare and end up qualified.

Reactions: KaiGold
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hi joe, but in this way, with flex lewis qualifying for a pro show, there will be a pro ifbb who will not be able to qualify.

a bit like it happened last year with steve kuclo and sergio oliva jr.

steve kuclo had aimed to compete and win the texas pro ifbb 2021, but then ian valliere, already qualified, won.

steve kuclo failed to qualify even though he deserved.

another point. flex lewis at a show, takes away the expectations of mister olympia.

flex lewis, in my opinion it should be that added value for mister olympia, who in recent years has had many problems of public interest.

what do you think about it?

Reactions: KaiGold
M

Mandrake

Flex Lewis is a great athlete. Qualifiers are kept to maintain the competitors standard at the Olympia stage. Since Flew Lewis is already an Olympian it's right to qualify him for Olympia contest. It would give him more time to prepare for the final competition.

Reactions: underbody
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex Lewis is a great athlete. Qualifiers are kept to maintain the competitors standard at the Olympia stage. Since Flew Lewis is already an Olympian it's right to qualify him for Olympia contest. It would give him more time to prepare for the final competition.
hello @Mandrake i agree with you!
Flex Lewis must have a special invite for mister olympia in 2022!