• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

RIP Jim Lorimer

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

RIP Jim Lorimer. Jim has died at 96. Jim Lorimer co-founded the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus in 1989. It invites athletes and sports fans to the city for contests, demonstrations, and entertainment, with an estimated economic effect of more than $50 million.

Jim Lorimer with Arnold Schwarzenegger

But his work was not just focused on sports. Lorimer was a World War II veteran.

He also worked as a special agent for the FBI.

Jim Lorimer served as Mayor and Vice Mayor of Worthington for more than 52 years.

In 2019, he was also inducted into the Columbus Hall of Fame.

Lorimer, according to Arnold Schwarzenegger, helped shape him into the man he is today. They first met almost 50 years ago.

"He's been a mentor and a father figure to me. So I credit him for many of my triumphs throughout my life "Schwarzenegger stated in 2016.

Schwarzenegger expressed sadness that he will no longer be able to sit with Lorimer, listen to his knowledge, or laugh with him.

Schwarzenegger stated in his statement, "I shall miss his knowledge, his guidance, and his gentle, gentle heart. His sense of humor, passion to make the world a better place, and companionship will be missed."

"He is full of delight. You know, joy is the greatest way to describe him. He is never depressed. He never has a bad day and simply enjoys life "Jim Lorimer's son, Robert Lorimer, stated Lorimer stated this in 2016, while celebrating his father's birthday.

"Jim Lorimer will live forever via the millions of individuals he encouraged to join our fitness campaign and tune into this small niche sport called bodybuilding," Schwarzenegger stated in his message.

Dave Palumbo reacts to the passing of Jim Lorimer, the architect behind the Arnold Classic and Expo in Columbus, Ohio.

Reactions: ArnoldS