• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Rising junior welterweight – Kendo Castañeda

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Undefeated Kendo Castañeda earned his 8th KO victory in 17 wins after stopping Stan Martyniouk in the 6th round. After punishing Martyniouk early in the fight, a barrage by Castañeda resulted in a knockdown and a stoppage. Expect Castañeda to figure in a contender bout or maybe an interim championship bout next time.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Kendo Castaneda strategized very well here, doing what a good fighter is supposed to do. He tried to get some body shots, but Martyniouk defended that well, forcing him to move to headhunting, which worked very well.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
Kendo Castaneda strategized very well here, doing what a good fighter is supposed to do. He tried to get some body shots, but Martyniouk defended that well, forcing him to move to headhunting, which worked very well.

If it was not for Castenada deciding to focus on Martyniouk's head instead of his body, I don't think the fight would have ended in the sixth round. It was a good move on Kendo's part.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
Kendo Castaned is still undefeated and now I know why. This guy doesn't have fighting style so it it pretty hard for other fighter to read him.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Kendo Castaneda strategized very well here, doing what a good fighter is supposed to do. He tried to get some body shots, but Martyniouk defended that well, forcing him to move to headhunting, which worked very well.

If it was not for Castenada deciding to focus on Martyniouk's head instead of his body, I don't think the fight would have ended in the sixth round. It was a good move on Kendo's part.

Martyniouk knew that Castenada would mainly focus on his body, that is the reason why he was so defensive, he had already anticipated it. Good thing Castenada figured it out and instead decided to change his target area to his head. That important decision completely shifted the course of the bout.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
Kendo Castaneda strategized very well here, doing what a good fighter is supposed to do. He tried to get some body shots, but Martyniouk defended that well, forcing him to move to headhunting, which worked very well.

If it was not for Castenada deciding to focus on Martyniouk's head instead of his body, I don't think the fight would have ended in the sixth round. It was a good move on Kendo's part.

Martyniouk knew that Castenada would mainly focus on his body, that is the reason why he was so defensive, he had already anticipated it. Good thing Castenada figured it out and instead decided to change his target area to his head. That important decision completely shifted the course of the bout.

There is one thing that I have noticed with Kendo Catenada, and that is his tenacity and ability to read an opponent. I have been watching his fights online and it comes up everytime. I really think he has a bright future in the sport.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
For those who are into gambling, I think Castaneda is the man to bet on. I like how he trains. There are some amazing clips of him online, training.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
For those who are into gambling, I think Castaneda is the man to bet on. I like how he trains. There are some amazing clips of him online, training.

I will be placing all my bets on Castaneda whenever he fights.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
Kendo Castaned is still undefeated and now I know why. This guy doesn't have fighting style so it it pretty hard for other fighter to read him.

Kendo is pretty amazing. I can't wait to watch his next fight.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
For those who are into gambling, I think Castaneda is the man to bet on. I like how he trains. There are some amazing clips of him online, training.

I will be placing all my bets on Castaneda whenever he fights.

With Castaneda, you will surely get back you money with profit. There is no doubt about it.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Kendo Castaneda strategized very well here, doing what a good fighter is supposed to do. He tried to get some body shots, but Martyniouk defended that well, forcing him to move to headhunting, which worked very well.

If it was not for Castenada deciding to focus on Martyniouk's head instead of his body, I don't think the fight would have ended in the sixth round. It was a good move on Kendo's part.

Like I said, Kendo is the man!
 
Top