• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie Coleman guest posing in Slovakia, May 2010

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Ronnie is not necessarily the stallion he was, this is true. But to say someone should stop doing something they enjoy because you don't agree with it does not make a whole lot of sense. Few people let alone bodybuilders look like Ronnie at his age, and even though he will never be what he was it is still inspiring to see him continue despite being well aware of this. Ronnie is the real deal, bodybuilding will never stop for this man.

lol

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where is the Ronnie that inspired me to deadlift!? :tear:

He's right there, bro...It's the circle of life...people grow old and look different with age(natural changes,injuries or other changes)...You don't think that he'll inspire you to deadlift after another 10 years just like he did in "The Unbelievable", do you?...
Just like after 20-30 years people would say "Where's tim that used to deadlift,squat,do clean and jerks etc."....Just enjoy the Ronnie that you like, even if that's only from the old vids and pics...

Btw. it's his birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG RON!:headbang:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big? Yes. Injury gone? No

He looks great for his age and other things considering, but his asymmetry is very apparent still.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
A shadow of his former self, but actually that bdb didn't look that bad imo

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Exactly. His back double biceps is fairly good but I can't understand why he do not fully hit the back latspread. I'm not expecting a 4 meter-wide Ronnie Coleman, but I truly believe he's not hitting the pose properly. Why?

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Exactly. His back double biceps is fairly good but I can't understand why he do not fully hit the back latspread. I'm not expecting a 4 meter-wide Ronnie Coleman, but I truly believe he's not hitting the pose properly. Why?

wild guess he's not flexible enough anymore

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol thats like saying your not flexible enough to lift up your hand, its not the case
Thats how he ALWAYS did it. when he doesnt fully hit the latspread you dont see the flexing of the lower back (this is when he used to be huge.. now you cant see shit)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

i agree. Ive noticed he's been doing this for the past few years. Its weird.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
lol thats like saying your not flexible enough to lift up your hand
Actually it's a completely different plain of motion for the shoulder joint. Not to mention that the shoulder isn't a very stable structure and years of training can take its toll on joint mobility in many different ways.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya i think its the nerve damage combined with the lack of flexibility...he can't hit those back poses the same anymore period. The circle of life as some one else mentioned, if hes having fun doing these guest posing power to him but its still hard to see the 8x Mr.O on stage looking like that