• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Ronny Rockel, 7th place

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Congrats to Ronny Rockel on his all time best showing, and almost squeezing into the last (top 6) group at the Olympia. I know many of us (myself, Flex, others) have been a fan of his for years, it was great to see him improve/tighten up in the back/legs and place comfortably in the top 10 (beating a lot of big names in the process).

_MG_5335.jpg


_MG_5337.jpg


_MG_5344.jpg


_MG_5348.jpg


_MG_5349.jpg
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
Awesome! symmetry is fantastic. I was glad to see him do well this year. He always looked good IMO.
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Huge improvement from years past, great job Ron.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
awsome. i'm really happy he nailed it and got a good placing. i've been a fan of him since 2005 olympia where he also looked great. it was good to see that he had made improvements in his back and was in tight condition from tha back. one of the most symmertical and well balanced physiques out there.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Seeing these pics I am immediately a fan. I don't know that he has the freak factor to take an O, but he really has a good BBing package (good size, good shape, good proportions).
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
Always thought he was an underdog !! I am very glad he got a good placing =)

This is for him getting better and better !
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Looked great! Been a fan for years but he's never got the callouts or nailed it like he did this time....good to see him in the top 10
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
I'm a fan too and wish he was relevant enough on a large stage to garner more discussion. Always good to see guys that fall into that category making strides, especially ones this impressive.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
I wish him all the best for future and hope this placing will warrent better call-outs in future contests
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
How heavy was he? in the lastest MD, kevin English said that Ronnie Rockel will drop to the 202, if it's true, top 3 for sure.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
I wouldnt have thrown a fit if he would have placed over Victor even. His lines were so tight and he was extremely well conditioned.
 
Z

ZuFFuLuZ

Member
Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19
Points
1
Kinda funny, he always used to be the "small" German placing somewhere behind Ruhl and Wolf and now that! ;)
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Someone was robbed of a place or two!!!
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Even added some soize but kept the lines.

Well done RR!

Should be able to win a pro show or two like that
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Even added some soize but kept the lines.

Well done RR!

Should be able to win a pro show or two like that

At the Ironman earlier this year, I had him at least 2nd (beating Moe), if not 1st imo.
 
msuman

msuman

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
252
Points
16
How heavy was he? in the lastest MD, kevin English said that Ronnie Rockel will drop to the 202, if it's true, top 3 for sure.

What? Why would he drop down the 202? He's qualified for the each of the past 6 Oympia's. More than many pros. And as for Kevin English...how in the world did that ugly physique win?
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
If Rockel was planning on dropping to the 202's (which I find hard to believe)...he's definitely changing his plans after this Olympia
 
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
2,903
Points
38
Congrats to Ronny it was well deserved he def looked very good.
 

Similar threads

Bodybuilding News
Replies
0
Views
5K
Bodybuilding News
Bodybuilding News
FEVER
Replies
3
Views
5K
TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin
Natzo
Replies
20
Views
11K
Natzo
Natzo
Top