• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Russian Bombers Land in Venezuela

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
(CNN) -- Two Russian bombers have landed at a Venezuelan airfield, from which they will carry out training flights for several days, the Russian news agency Interfax reported Wednesday.

The Tupolev Tu-160 strategic bombers landed at Venezuela's Libertador military airfield and "will spend several days carrying out training flights over neutral waters, after which they will return to the base," Interfax reported, citing the Russian Defense Ministry.

Col. Alexander Drobyshevsky, a ministry spokesman, told Interfax that NATO fighters followed the bombers on their 13-hour flight over the Arctic Ocean and the Atlantic.

"All flights by air force aircraft have been and are marked by strict conformity to the international rules on the use of air space over neutral waters," Drobyshevsky told Interfax.

The U.S. will monitor the Russian training, said Pentagon officials who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak on the information.

On Monday, Russia announced it might hold joint naval maneuvers with Venezuela in the Caribbean. The declaration came in the wake of increased tension between Russia and the United States over Russia's invasion last month of the former Soviet republic of Georgia, a U.S. ally that aspires to join NATO.

Russia on Monday denied any link between that announcement and the conflict in Georgia, although Russia has criticized U.S. support for Georgia, and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has long antagonized Washington.

Earlier this month, Chavez said Venezuela would welcome the Russian air force, according to Russian news agency Novosti.

"If Russian long-range bombers should need to land in Venezuela, we would not object to that either. We will also welcome them," Chavez said on September 1, according to Novosti.

artbombervenezuelagi-1.jpg

Are you skurred Rob? :ughnoes:

I feel it's pretty obvious Putin knows what goes on in the minds of the Pentagon. If we attack Iran or Venezeula, I'm outta here.

:io:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a wild guess, but id say the bombers are there to keep America busy while Iran and Russia blow the shit out of Israel.

assuming, of course, America decides to attack Iran or Venezeula

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We're all one big happy family.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was waiting for someone to post this, Russia and us have been doing this for a long time, the problem now is all the conflict between Rusia and US.

BTW cnn = :49:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a wild guess, but id say the bombers are there to keep America busy while Iran and Russia blow the shit out of Israel.

assuming, of course, America decides to attack Iran or Venezeula

We're not getting into any more wars very soon, we can barely handle the two we're in right now.

The only country I could see us invading is Venezuela with the support of its bordering countries. There's a chance in the near future of Israel invading Iran and dragging us into the war, but Israel can't even handle Hezbollah in Lebanon.

This may be a common exercise by the Russians Rob, but plans were made as soon as we angered Russia through the whole Georgian conflict. Do you know how long it really has been practiced in your country? Because it probably started right around the 2002 coup where the United States was accused of overthrowing Chavez.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We're not getting into any more wars very soon, we can barely handle the two we're in right now.

The only country I could see us invading is Venezuela with the support of its bordering countries. There's a chance in the near future of Israel invading Iran and dragging us into the war, but Israel can't even handle Hezbollah in Lebanon.

This may be a common exercise by the Russians Rob, but plans were made as soon as we angered Russia through the whole Georgian conflict. Do you know how long it really has been practiced in your country? Because it probably started right around the 2002 coup where the United States was accused of overthrowing Chavez.

Not that long, maybe a couple of years or more, we practice in Russia as well, maybe they think we want to invade Georgia :ughnoes:, medias are alarming americans as they always do, you guys are always in danger this how US opperates and its a good way to brain-wash americans, FEAR!!! :ughnoes:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not that long, maybe a couple of years or more, we practice in Russia as well, maybe they think we want to invade Georgia :ughnoes:, medias are alarming americans as they always do, you guys are always in danger this how US opperates and its a good way to brain-wash americans, FEAR!!! :ughnoes:
Wat?

Although I agree with you about the fear in America, I have a pretty good feeling on what this is about. In the 2002 coup Chavez accused America of being involved, but we denied. I don't know what percentage of your petroleum gets exported to Russia, but that is what this is about. Russia probably started these drills after the 2002 coup, to prevent the United States from nation building in your country and installing another puppet government. Like pre-invasioned Iraq and Iran, your country prefers the euro to the dollar in the OPEC (can't blame them), and your country would be far easier to take over than Iran. Thus, because the neo-cons find it necessary to maintain its well established economy, Russia probably sees Venezuela as our next target. That would be why they are running these operations.

Just for the record, I don't feel like I'm in danger one bit. I feel that our troops are in danger if we attack Venezuela. The reason I said I'd leave the U.S. is not because I would fear Russia or Iran, but because I can't see myself continuing to represent this greedy ass government. Got an extra room at your place Ironslave?

:carduindisguise

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeah! Lets all stay with IS.... You can sleep in the middle :cardulikesmen:

:gaygay:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

¿¿¿Que??

Although I agree with you about the fear in America, I have a pretty good feeling on what this is about. In the 2002 coup Chavez accused America of being involved, but we denied.

Mayority of ppl who overthrew Chavez goverment are exiled in US, the money they used were sent by US goverment, oh no wait a minute..the money came from the pocket of the american taxpayers, the first dumbass*clear thorats* president who supported the new outta-nowhere-president was the american president, coincidences? :wutyousay:

I don't know what percentage of your petroleum gets exported to Russia, but that is what this is about. Russia probably started these drills after the 2002 coup,

lol none, Russia is the number 2 of the oil producers in the world, they dont need our oil.

to prevent the United States from nation building in your country and installing another puppet government. Like pre-invasioned Iraq and Iran,

The outta-nowhere-president i said before, was an american paid puppet.

your country prefers the euro to the dollar in the OPEC (can't blame them),

:tiphat:

If America overcomes all of its issues, im sure no country wont want touch an euro. (lets be honest europeans are whortless:keke:)

and your country would be far easier to take over than Iran.

If we fight alone, id give less than a week to get rid of the Venezuelan army, even if you send Tweak with a knife in a thong you wont lose, weve never been at war with anyone, the most importan thing here is the Miss Venezuela contest, but if you dare to kill a Miss Venezuela, im sure as fuck you will have a bunch of crazy bitches and faggots bombing US. :ughnoes:

Thus, because the neo-cons find it necessary to maintain its well established economy, Russia probably sees Venezuela as our next target. That would be why they are running these operations.

Thats right.

Just for the record, I don't feel like I'm in danger one bit. I feel that our troops are in danger if we attack Venezuela. The reason I said I'd leave the U.S. is not because I would fear Russia or Iran, but because I can't see myself continuing to represent this greedy ass government.

Thats sad.

Got an extra room at your place Ironslave?

:carduindisguise

NO, he doesnt.

Its already taken, right baby? :hay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If we ever go to war with Venezuela Robita.. there is always a spot for you in my bed :gaygay:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey, a hairy ass ain't that bad :e5dunno:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

a quick look at World War 1 and 2 shows that not many countries were prepared for war, and still got involved.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If America overcomes all of its issues, im sure no country wont want touch an euro. (lets be honest europeans are whortless:keke:)

Petroleos de Venezuela to Convert Accounts Away From Dollars

By Steven Bodzin

Sept. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez instructed Petroleos de Venezuela SA, the state oil company, to convert its investment accounts from dollars to euros and Asian currencies to reduce risk.

The decision may help weaken the dollar as the Federal Reserve prepares to lower interest rates this week, said Philip Wee, an economist at DBS Bank Ltd. in Singapore. The currency has fallen against 14 of the 16 most-active over the past year, partly as governments signaled they may diversify their holdings away from the U.S., the world's primary destination for reserves.

Venezuela moved some of its reserves into euros last year, along with other oil producers including the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Qatar. The $50 billion Qatar Investment Authority said Sept. 4 it was looking for options in Asia to counter a weak dollar. China is starting a fund to look for higher returns on some of its almost $1.4 trillion holdings.

``Central banks will be switching more of the dollar into other currencies,'' said Wee, senior currency economist at DBS. ``This should be another negative in a trend that's already set in the interest-rate outlook'' and the Fed may lower borrowing costs to 4.75 percent by year-end from 5.25 percent, he said.

Chavez, speaking in his weekly address on national television yesterday, said the U.S. has bought goods from around the world, paying with paper that is ``a bubble.'' The president said he instructed Energy and Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez to change currencies after the Fed increased the U.S. money supply to alleviate a shortage of cash sparked by concerns about debt backed by sub-prime mortgages.

Iran, China

The dollar traded at $1.3883 per euro at 7:20 a.m. in London from $1.3875 late in New York on Sept. 14. It reached $1.3927 on Sept. 13, the lowest since the single European currency was introduced in 1999. The dollar may weaken to $1.40 per euro by year-end, Wee forecasts.

The world's oil trading system has primarily used dollars for decades. Iran in July requested yen rather than dollars for all shipments to Japan, boosting that currency.

Petroleos de Venezuela had $23 billion in current assets, including $1.88 billion in cash, $848 million in restricted cash and $9.55 billion in accounts receivable, at the end of 2006, according to its audited financial statement. In addition, the company finances the national development fund known as Fonden, which held $27.3 billion as of May 11.

Chavez speaks frequently about the need to increase his country's independence from the U.S., which he calls ``the empire.'' He has sought to diversify his country's customer base for oil by signing supply contracts with Japan and China.

Oil Minister Ramirez said Sept. 11 that Venezuela and China will work together on a $10 billion project to build six refineries and a shipping company to make Venezuela one of China's most important suppliers. Still, the U.S. continues to import 1.36 million barrels a day of crude and refined products from Venezuela, more than half its estimated 2.4 million barrels a day of output.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=aGBuWpZJ9cPI

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol none, Russia is the number 2 of the oil producers in the world, they dont need our oil.
That doesn't mean Russia won't take action if we nation build.

:wutyousay:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That doesn't mean Russia won't take action if we nation build.

:wutyousay:

of course not, Russia is one of the our big friends if US attacks venezuela, Russia will be the first country to jump in.