• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sacrifices of a gymnast

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you remember Nadia Comaneci? That 14-year old Romanian who captured our imagination during the 1976 Montreal Olympics. She was the first to earn a perfect 10 score in female gymnastics. In one interview, she mentioned the sacrifices that she underwent such that she didn’t have a childhood to speak of. Gymnastics is all about training and practice so Nadia was always in the gym for her daily sessions which takes hours and hours. It’s good if the gymnast would be a champion. But what if not?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The word sacrifice is correct, but sometimes it's too much. I always recall those eastern Europe gymnasts or the Chinese ones, with bodies from children, it's not normal.

R

rz3300

Banned
I have always known that it takes a little more than most other sports for these athletes, but I am curious to learn the details. I am sure there is a lot that I do not know so that would be really interesting, and eye opening.