• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

schlierkamp 02 vs Cutler

who wins?

• Gunter

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • cutler

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
019-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These pics make Gunter look better than he really is.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
compare best cutler Vs best gunther, then we will talk..

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gunter is better than Cutler IMO for many reasons.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jay overall is better, though these pics make cutler look as soft as a pillow. a better comparison would be jay from 01 and gunter from 05, pretty much both of their best years.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gunter conditioned and with a smaller waist would do some serious damage. But, I think comparing Jay's best to Gunter's best, Jay wins.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay takes this easy.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gunter conditioned and with a smaller waist would do some serious damage. But, I think comparing Jay's best to Gunter's best, Jay wins.
Agreed. Best Jay vs Best Gunter = Jay wins.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
'02 Gunter was his best year IMO. He was definatly top 3 material, if not top 2. His waist was small, he was full, not holding water, had good color and a great posing routine. You could hear the crowd "ohh" and "bullshit" when they gave him 5th (It might have been 4th, I don't remember). But back when Jay had a small waist and jaw, he and Schlierkamp could have gone toe-to-toe.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay's back db is 5 times thicker than Gunter's, despited crap FlexOnline pics.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gunter looked amazing that year, my nod goes to him in these comparison pics over all

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Gunter looked amazing that year, my nod goes to him in these comparison pics over all

thats the spirit. :food-snacking:

- Neither have the best structure in the world to begin with both have wide hips. However Gunter Has by far a worse structure as he is not as naturally wide on the top half (shoulders)as jay and yet Gunter I have always found more aesthetically pleasing out of the two(especially in these pics). Gunter is the perfect example of a bodybuilder making the most out of what they were given. Like i think it was shaun ray said in 05' olympia "he's not a genetic freak, every bit of muscle hes got hes earned."

My only gripe about gunter (as im a massive fan) is that his 02' physique and 05' physiques were his only awesome showings. A lot of the time he struggled to come in condition which pissed me off because if he did i reckon he could of been top 5 a lot more.

in 03' he came to australia for promotion and they were billing him as the next mr olympia. He came on one of our tv shows and was arm curling a footy player that weighed 95kgs for the delight of the audience. its a shame 03' his physique didnt live upto the hype. He is still awesome though.

-overall hes still the best bodybuilder over 6 foot since arnold.
-tall bodybuilders ftw

gunter can have ripped glutes why can't jay?

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in those pictures gunter wins but as stated above a better conditioned cutler would won.cutler looks soft with lots of wrinkles in those pictures,no way he deserved his last olympia

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread isn't Jay's best vs. Gunters best (which this was his all time best), of course Jay wins that.

Does this Jay beat this Gunter? I dont think so.