• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should the pre-judging and finals be in one day?

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Women go first...I think men will start around 6:00 cet...

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Women go first...I think men will start around 6:00 cet...

Okay, so the men finals will start about two hours after the webcast itself starts? I need to be sure about this - would be a bummer if I slept through the finals.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like it on two different days. It gives a chance for big guys like Toney to completely fill out before stepping on stage.
Two reasons why that excuse is weak.

1.) He should be carbed up enough already that he doesn't have to go crazy in the morning.

2.) If it's that much of a problem, change your sleeping habits so you can get up earlier or stay up through the night. Simple as that, but Toney is lazy and filled with excuses.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a money thing... probably figuring that more people will go to the show and watch the webcast Friday night, rather than get up on Saturday morning.... they're probably right.

Though, I would prefer it was all the same day.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think no matter which format, the best prepared guys are still going to be at the top.
However, I think from a marketing point of view it makes more sense to have it on two seperate days so they can sell tickets for two seperate events on two seperate days.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both in one day = better for the competitors

Both in two days = better for the fans and people running the show

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ x2

damm that looks like some mat shit:keke:

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Two reasons why that excuse is weak.

1.) He should be carbed up enough already that he doesn't have to go crazy in the morning.

2.) If it's that much of a problem, change your sleeping habits so you can get up earlier or stay up through the night. Simple as that, but Toney is lazy and filled with excuses.

I am sure your right. You do have a lot more experience at this than me.

There is no sarcasm there for real.. just so you don't think i am trying to be a smartass

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMO its better in two days because you are handing the title over to a guy who can hold onto a better condition longer... you are lessinning the element of fluke... IMHO

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am sure your right. You do have a lot more experience at this than me.

There is no sarcasm there for real.. just so you don't think i am trying to be a smartass
Nah bro, my post was nothing against you. I know that Toney Freeman has used that excuse before, he was talking to Turk about it at the NPC Pittsburgh. Freeman has a great physique, but he seems like a bit of a cry baby.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both in one day = better for the competitors

Both in two days = better for the fans and people running the show

This was pretty much what I was going to say. So it really depends on which you think is more important: a good show; or a good performance.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
As a fan, I'd rather have the show on one day. I'm really in the minority?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a fan, I'd rather have the show on one day. I'm really in the minority?

Probably just more devoted. My thinking being that fans would more easily tune into two consecutive evenings than several times in one day.