• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Silly Putty ingredient found in McNuggets

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
A recent CNN investigation found that the same chemicals found in Silly Putty can be found in McNuggets:

American McNuggets (190 calories, 12 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat for 4 pieces) contain the chemical preservative tBHQ, tertiary butylhydroquinone, a petroleum-based product. They also contain dimethylpolysiloxane, "an anti-foaming agent" also used in Silly Putty.

All McNuggets not created equal Paging Dr. Gupta - CNN.com Blogs

Silly Putty ingredient found in McNuggets - Boing Boing)
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
lol wrong section

i never liked mcnuggets, they always made me feel like shit when i was a kid.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
I dont see whats wrong with tert-butylhydroquinone, its a preservative used in many foods.

I don't know much about dimethylpolysiloxane, but ive heard of it before in processed foods. I'm sure mcnuggets isnt the only thing that has these compounds in it.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I dont see whats wrong with tert-butylhydroquinone, its a preservative used in many foods.

I don't know much about dimethylpolysiloxane, but ive heard of it before in processed foods. I'm sure mcnuggets isnt the only thing that has these compounds in it.

The media aren't prone to taking things out of context or using bad examples when it comes to things they don't understand. We should accept their statement.

/sarcasm.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
^:techn9ne:
I always get annoyed by articles that single out specific foods for ingredients like this, when they don't explain anything about it
 
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,789
Points
63
Breaking News: Processed food may have negative effects on your overall health.

Thanks CNN.
 

Similar threads

Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
101
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
Labrada Nutrition
Replies
0
Views
134
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
Top