• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Skinny 17 year old in need of desperate help

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First and foremost, I wouldn't advice eating meals that would increase your calories just for you to add weight because eventually on the long run, it's going to affect your health and your body structure in general. What I would recommend is taking up another form of exercise. You mentioned engaging in swimming, that wouldn't help you to add muscle on your body especially on your arm, it would rather slim you down. Try taking up weight lifting, especially using dumb bells to develop your arm and do lots of press up as well. Eat healthy food and over the course of time, you will add muscle and not fat.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On tv today is the interview of a 16-year old basketball player who stands at 7 feet 1 inch. He is very skinny and even awkward in the basketball court. What keeps him going is his height and if he would have the heft then he will be a big factor for this team. The interviewer had suggested a bigger volume of food to gain weight. Another suggestion is to have enough rest and a good night's sleep. But I guess teenage years is the period that is somewhat stubborn - no matter what you do, you remain skinny.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Got some Good News for you, at 17, your Natural Test hasn't Peaked yet.
It won't Peak till you reach 25.
So you have a few years to get into the Gym, and get a Good Training Regiment.
That along with a Good Diet, and you'll start putting on Size.

You need to start Tracking your Diet, this way you'll know how much you are eating.
Too many people don't Track their Macros, so have No Idea what they are eating, and Don't Grow.
There's a couple Free Apps to track your Macros.
And they will help you set your TDEE or Total Daily Energy Expenditure, then you'll know how much you should be eating.................... JP
P.S.
Whatever your TDEE, you want to be at least in a 500 Calorie Surplus to put on weight.
You may need to adjust that Upward, but start at 500 Calorie's.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On tv today is the interview of a 16-year old basketball player who stands at 7 feet 1 inch. He is very skinny and even awkward in the basketball court. What keeps him going is his height and if he would have the heft then he will be a big factor for this team. The interviewer had suggested a bigger volume of food to gain weight. Another suggestion is to have enough rest and a good night's sleep. But I guess teenage years is the period that is somewhat stubborn - no matter what you do, you remain skinny.

Height matters a lot when it comes to playing basketball, I don't think that I have ever seen any short basketball player since I started following the sport. Even though it's good to add a little flesh to the body but I believe that the height is more important than adding weight. Some good exercise in weight lifting would add some muscles to such teenage body. I can remember how my junior brother's physic was, it took him some time before he gained weight.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a nephew with the same issue, he's 23 now, and he remains tall and skinny. He tried to change nutrition habits and go to the gym but I think he didn't try hard enough lol.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Have you tried to take vitamins? Well, I believe the idea behind it is it will make you more sleepy so that you'll have more rest and it will make you hungrier so you'll eat more. You won't gain weight by only working out; you work out to tone your muscles. You gain weight by eating lots of food high in protein like eggs and chicken breast. Drink lots of milk too. Good luck!

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet you’re huge now.