• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sudden Weakness during workouts..

T

Tropex21

Hi All -
I have been doing Intermitant Fasting now for about 2 years. I started with 15 hours between lunch/dinner and breakfast the next day. I ALWAYS workout fasted - I work out very early in the morning and eating that early makes me sick (I Have tried all kinds of experiments).
I now eat only two times a day after at least a 16 hour fast, most days it is a 17 hour fast then I wait another 6 hours after eating my "breakfast" to eat "lunch/dinner."
This past two weeks I have all of the sudden been struggling with energy and the shakes.
I usually do 90 minutes of weight training 3x's a week, 60 mins of cardio per week, walk 3 to 5 miles per day and ride my bike anywhere from 4 to 17 miles a day (depending on my energy levels.) Ive been "working out" now for 11 years, so I don't think it is anything to do with adapting....
I have several food allergies, high histamine issues, mold issues etc - of which limits me to about 10 foods that I can eat. But believe me I EAT!
Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: TalkAdmin and KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe the fasting isn't the best for you anymore.

Skip a couple days and see if you feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tropex21 and TalkAdmin
M4BTEAM

M4BTEAM

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Agreed the body changes and sorry to say but your meal plan is like a how to not maximize gains from the gym book. Train AM fasted and then feed your body, we are omnivore Hunter gatherers we were designed to eat small meals constantly, your diet is more like a large predator or a reptile lol I’m surprised you lasted this long. Up the cardio when you do it too. Daily can be shorter but 5-6 days a week, your bike doesn’t count your body adapted to that long ago

Reactions: Tropex21, Push50, KaiGold and 1 other person
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How old are you? I just ask because our bodies change as we age and sometimes those changes happen , seriously, like over night.

I would guess that you need to be checking you blood sugar levels especially since the lethargy is coupled with the shakes.
Also I don’t know what your allergy situation is but intermittent fasting is not recommended for people that have immunodeficiencies.
Take a break and refeed! See if you get back to where you were.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Reactions: Tropex21, TalkAdmin and KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi All -
I have been doing Intermitant Fasting now for about 2 years. I started with 15 hours between lunch/dinner and breakfast the next day. I ALWAYS workout fasted - I work out very early in the morning and eating that early makes me sick (I Have tried all kinds of experiments).
I now eat only two times a day after at least a 16 hour fast, most days it is a 17 hour fast then I wait another 6 hours after eating my "breakfast" to eat "lunch/dinner."
This past two weeks I have all of the sudden been struggling with energy and the shakes.
I usually do 90 minutes of weight training 3x's a week, 60 mins of cardio per week, walk 3 to 5 miles per day and ride my bike anywhere from 4 to 17 miles a day (depending on my energy levels.) Ive been "working out" now for 11 years, so I don't think it is anything to do with adapting....
I have several food allergies, high histamine issues, mold issues etc - of which limits me to about 10 foods that I can eat. But believe me I EAT!
Has anyone else experienced this?
What happened?

Reactions: Tropex21 and TalkAdmin
T

Tropex21

thanks for your replies
I was a skinny novice and when I took the time to actually weigh and log all my food for a week, I was eating less calories, far less protein, and more fat than I thought. The problem was (as tobo mentions) that I'd eat poorly 2-3 days per week and it messed up my average https://enrgifitness.com/goal-for-the-month-schedule-your-healing-time/

If your squat form is good, try being brave and pushing for a set you don't think you'll get. Succeeding at a near-limit set of squats is a great feeling. When you go deaf and your peripheral vision starts to gray out after the 3rd and 4th reps but you still get rep 5, wow!

It turns out I can't push myself to the limit very often or I get overuse injuries, but I'm twice your age. You're young, enjoy it! You are stronger than you think you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaiGold
A

Athanas

I think it depends with diet and warm up history. The body may feel weak due to lack of a prior diet, or lack of warm in the start of the workout.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The muscles are worn out because there is no enough vitamins and nutrients to help them recover and be restored from workouts.

There is no way you can workout while hungry. It's like you are trying to kill yourself.