• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Texting Teen Falls Down Manhole

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We all know that walking and texting is a tough combination -- but a Staten Island teen learned the hard way when she fell into an uncovered sewer manhole while trying to send a message.

Now, the family of Alexa Longueira, 15, intends to sue.

The girl suffered a fright and some scrapes on her arms back after she dropped into the hole on Victory Boulevard.

"It was four or five feet, it was very painful. I kind of crawled out and the DEP guys came running and helped me," Longueria told the Staten Island Advance.. "They were just, like, 'I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

For its part, the Department of Environmental Protection said its workers had turned away briefly to grab some cones when the incident occurred.

"We regret that this happened and wish the young woman a speedy recovery," DEP spokeswoman Mercedes Padilla said in a statement. She added that crews were flushing a high-pressure sewer line at the time.

The girl was checked out at Staten Island University Hospital and released.

Sewer line workers are supposed to cut off pedestrian access to work sites or at least mark them with warning signs.

The family said they will file a lawsuit -- for what, though, is not immediately clear. Her mother, Kim Longueira, said it doesn't matter that her daughter was walking and texting, and also, the 'gross' factor that can't be ignored.

"Oh my God, it was putrid," she said. "One of her sneakers is still down there"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31853449/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/?GT1=43001

of course they will sue and win because she got a couple scrapes and its 'gross' :doh:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Proving once again that women can't multitask. They just do several things inefficiently, terribly or wrong, at the same time.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dumbass. DEP should sue her for being an idiot. damn bloodsuckers.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i saw someone get hit by a car once when they were txting, car was going maybe 40 km an hour but he looked pretty banged up

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope they lose the lawsuit. They are just looking for a chance to get money out of this.