• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

The $17,500 video game

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
The $17,500 video game

Link: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/the-17-500-video-game/1332488


17kgame_300-1.jpg


Think $60 video games are too expensive? You won't hear any argument from us, but you might from JJ Hendricks, a collector who just paid a clinically insane $17,500 for an obscure NES game from 1990.

The game in question is an ultra-rare, gold-colored version of Nintendo World Championships, a cartridge specially produced for use in a Nintendo-sponsored gaming contest. According to Wikipedia only 26 were created, and Hendricks calls it the "Holy Grail" of video game collectors.

The game itself has a time limit of just 6 minutes and 21 seconds and consists of three short segments from other NES games: Super Mario Bros., Tetris, and Rad Racer. Players are scored according to their performance in each game, and their scores are totaled once the time limit expires. Doesn't sound too riveting to us, but then somehow we doubt Hendricks is in it for the gameplay.

And while $17,500 might seem a bit much for a collection of ones and zeroes, Hendricks actually got a bargain: the game was originally listed on eBay for a cool $25,000.
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
That's pathetic. I hope he does something besides being a loser.
 
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,789
Points
63
I love the Power Glove. It's so...BAD.

2vwshsj-1.jpg
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
$17, 500? Just what the fuck is the world coming to?!

PS: DriDDeRz who'se that chick in your avatar? It looks a bit like Emma Watson but that's impossible.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
I posted this like 9 years ago.
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
^^:49:

REPOST :spy:

pain posted this 9 years ago.
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
^ very original.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Q

quorom

Active member
Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
37
Points
6
Why not just buy Mario Bros., Tetris, and Rad Racer individually, tallying your scores together and create a forum to see who the best is? Or how about just don't.
 
Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
497
Points
16
I remember reading about some guy in Europe buying a world of warcraft account for $10,000 and then it got banned a few days later, hahaha.
 
Top