• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The "Best" 21st Century Horror Films : 2000 - 2008

P

Pain

VIP
The "Best" 21st Century Horror Films : 2000 - 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I was really hoping for a list. :(

P

Pain

VIP
I was really hoping for a list. :(

* Anatomie aka Anatomie : Directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky

* The Ring : Directed by Gore Verbinski - Starring
Naomi Watts, Martin Henderson,David Dorfman, Brian Cox

* Ginger Snaps : Directed by John Fawcett - Starring Emily Perkins, Katharine Isabelle, Kris Lemche, Mimi Rogers, Jesse Moss, Danielle Hampton, John Bourgeois, Peter Keleghan, Christopher Redman, Jimmy MacInnis, Lindsay Leese and Wendii Fulford

* Ginger Snaps : Unleased - Directed by Brett Sullivan

* Ginger Snaps Back : The Beginning - Directed by Grant Harvey

* Shaun of the dead : Directed by Edgar Wright - Starring Simon Pegg, Kate Ashfieldm Nick Frost, Lucy Davis, Dylan Moran and Nicola Cunningham

* Dawn of the dead remake : Directed by Zack Snyder - Starring Sarah Polle, Ving Rhames and Matt Frewer

* The Midnight Meat Train : Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura - Starring Bradley Cooper, Leslie Bibb, Brooke Shields, Vinnie Jones, Roger Bart, Tony Curran, Barbara Eve Harris

* The Janitor : Directed by TJ Nordaker and Andy Signore - Starring
Andy Signore, Bruce Cronander,Crystal LeBard, G. Larry Butler, Skip Pipo, John Carreon, Rachael Ann Bennett, Kelly King, Stephanie Christine Medina and Logan Christopher

* Toolbox Murders : Directed by Tobe Hooper - Starring Angela Bettis, Brent Roam, Marco Rodríguez, Rance Howard

* Season of the hunted : Directed by Ron Sperling

* Ghost Rig aka The Devils Tattoo : Directed by Julian Kean

* Deathwatch : Directed by Michael J. Bassett - Starring Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis

* Dead End : Directed by Jean0Baptiste Andrea and Fabrice Canepa - Starring
Ray Wise, Lin Shaye, Mick Cain, Alexandra Holden, Billy Asher, Amber Smith, Karen S. Gregan, Sharon Madden, Steve Valentine, Jimmie F. Skaggs and Clement Blake

* The Lost : Directed by Chris Sivertson - Starring Marc Senter, Shay Astar, Alex Frost, Megan Henning, Robin Sydney, Michael Bowen, Ed Lauter , Dee Wallace, Misty Mundae and Ruby Larocca

* The Cook : Directed by Gregg Simon - Starring Mark Hengst, Makinna Ridgway, Kit Paquin, Penny Drake, Nina Fehren, Noelle Kenney, Brooke Lenzi, Justine Marino, Stefanie Solano, Allen Yates and Jackson Sowell

Grizzly Park : Directed by Tom Skull - Starring Glenn Morshower, Randy Wayne, Zulay Henao, Emily Foxler, Shedrack Anderson III, Julie Skon, Kavan Reece, Jelynn Rodriguez and Trevor Peterson

* Wind Chill : Directed by Gregory Jacobs - Starring Emily Blunt, Ashton Holmes

* Cry_Wolf : Directed by Jeff Wadlow - Starring Julian Morris, Lindy Booth, Jared Padalecki, Jon Bon Jovi, Sandra McCoy, Kristy Wu, Jesse Janzen, Paul James

* Rest Stop : Dead ahead : Directed by John Shiban

* Session 9 : Directed by Brad Anderson - Starring David Caruso, Stephen Gevedon, Paul Guilfoyle, Josh Lucas, Peter Mullan, Brendan Sexton III, Charley Broderick, Lonnie Farmer, Larry Fessenden, Jurian Hughes and Sheila Stasack

* 28 days later : Directed by Danny Boyle - Starring Cillian Murphy

* House of 1000 Corpses : Directed by Rob Zombie - Starring Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Sheri Moon Zombie, Karen Black, Chris Hardwick, Erin Daniels, Jennifer Jostyn, Rainn Wilson, Walton Goggins, Tom Towles, Matthew McGrory, Robert Allen Mukes, Dennis Fimple, Harrison Young and William Bassett

* Home Sick : Directed by Adam Wingard - Starring Lindley Evans, Bill Moseley, Tiffany Shepis , Forrest Pitts, Will Akers, Matt Lero,Brandon Carroll, Tom Towles and Jeff Dylan Graham and L.C. Holt

* Jack Brooks : Monster Slayser - Directed by Jon Knautz - Starring Robert Englund, Trevor Matthews, Daniel Kash

* The Descent : Directed by Neil Marshall

* Feast : Directed by John Gulager - Starring Balthazar Getty, Henry Rollins, Navi Rawat, Judah Friedlander, Josh Zuckerman, Jason Mewes, Jenny Wade, Krista Allen and Clu Gulager

* Satans little helper : Directed by Jeff Lieberman Alexander Brickel, Katheryn Winnick, Stephen Graham and Amanda Plummer

* Turistas : Directed by John Stockwell - Starring Josh Duhamel, Melissa George, Olivia Wilde, and Desmond Askew

* Wrong turn : Directed by Rob Schmidt - Starring Desmond Harrington, Eliza Dushku, Jeremy Sisto

* Wrong turn 2 : Dead End : Directed by Joe Lynch - Starring Henry Rollins,

* Wolf Creek : Directed by Greg Mclean - Starring John Jarratt, Cassandra Magrath, Kestie Morassi, Nathan Phillips and Gordon Poole

* Slither : Directed by James Gunn - Starring Don Thompson, Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, Michael Rooker

* Satan Playground : Directed by Dante Tomaselli - Starring Felissa Rose, Ellen Sandweiss, Edwin Neal

* Hatchet : Directed by Adam Green - Starring Joel Moore, Tamara Feldman, Deon Richmond, Kane Hodder, Robert Englund, Tony Todd

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really, horror has become one of my least favorite genres. And that list right there ^ pretty much justifies why.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Ginger snaps is a really good one!

not so sure about the remake of dawn of the dead.

P

Pain

VIP
Out of all the movies in his list, I'd say "Session 9" got to me the most.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I know I've said it before, but this kid has terrible taste in movies.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know I've said it before, but this kid has terrible taste in movies.

Yea I kinda agree, hes too nice. He seems to like almost everything he reviews.... even when he knows their crap.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The "Best" I've seen in awhile is The Host.
the_host_poster-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The only two redeeming movies on that list are The Descent (If you haven't seen it make sure you do) and 28 Days Later for updating the Zombie genre.

I thought the Descent was really well done. You developed a good connection with the characters and I really got into the movie.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Host really isn't that good. Out of his list, I recommend Ginger Snaps, 28 Days Later, The Descent, and Shaun of the Dead.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Horror Films = Shitty
Predictable and lame. They seem to be running out of stories (The Unborn :49: lame as hell) and now have to resort to "real life events" to get people to come.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can he even watch all those movies? does he have a job?

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Host really isn't that good. Out of his list, I recommend Ginger Snaps, 28 Days Later, The Descent, and Shaun of the Dead.

Is Shaun of the Dead classified as a horror movie? Cause i certainly find it to be more of a comedy.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can he even watch all those movies? does he have a job?

The name of the ship was Santa Monica, it was a strip club of pure elegance and exquisite music that filled my lungs with blood and acid while the Doom theme music appears as a reflection of the males capacity to breed through the eons many off which indulged the stars to reach popularity in an ancient old tradition of work and eternal glory through self love is possible.

P

Pain

VIP
The name of the ship was Santa Monica, it was a strip club of pure elegance and exquisite music that filled my lungs with blood and acid while the Doom theme music appears as a reflection of the males capacity to breed through the eons many off which indulged the stars to reach popularity in an ancient old tradition of work and eternal glory through self love is possible.

howIknowYoureGay-1.jpg

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
* Ginger Snaps : Directed by John Fawcett - Starring Emily Perkins, Katharine Isabelle, Kris Lemche, Mimi Rogers, Jesse Moss, Danielle Hampton, John Bourgeois, Peter Keleghan, Christopher Redman, Jimmy MacInnis, Lindsay Leese and Wendii Fulford

* Ginger Snaps : Unleased - Directed by Brett Sullivan

* Ginger Snaps Back : The Beginning - Directed by Grant Harvey

:iorofl:

The Host wasnt too bad, from what i saw...
Apparently they are doing an American version.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wasn't impressed with the Descent. I thought it was one of the more overrated horror films of the 21st century.

I felt Wolf Creek was underrated, even though I absolutely hated the ending.