• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Best Back in History

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How did i forget about Sergio???????

Oliva 024 1

Oliva 030 1

shoulders over power back?????

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
Best back ever, of course but... GOT GUT??? :D

QUOTE]

i was contiplating on posting this pic... kinda wierd lookin ehhh?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SerbMarko said:
i was contiplating on posting this pic... kinda wierd lookin ehhh?

Yeah bro, LOL, bad big gut, but great huge back. Ronnie was the man, no doubt.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
Yeah bro, LOL, bad big gut, but great huge back. Ronnie was the man, no doubt.

i like how you use the term "was" like hes dead lol... game's not over yet baby!!! :eek5nono:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SerbMarko said:
i like how you use the term "was" like hes dead lol... game's not over yet baby!!! :eek5nono:

Nope mate, nowadays he WAS the man, now he is not, but maybe he could be again the man in the future... who knows!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
Nope mate, nowadays he WAS the man, now he is not, but maybe he could be again the man in the future... who knows!

8 tme Mr.Olympia has 1 bad year and all the sudden hes not the man anymore???:e5dunno:

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is some Flex Wheeler from the early 90's when he was at his best, before the size game got the better of him.

Attachments

• wheeler07.jpg
    wheeler07.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 283
  • flex_vs_shawn_II.jpg
    flex_vs_shawn_II.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 658
  • flexback.jpg
    flexback.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 175
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SerbMarko said:
8 tme Mr.Olympia has 1 bad year and all the sudden hes not the man anymore???:e5dunno:

Mate, NOWADAYS he is not, Cutler is MrOlympia, then HE is the man.

Ronnie is great, he is still one of the best, he could still win another Olympia, I now, I'm not bling, Ron is GREAT, really great, but nowadays he is not the reference, remember he lost!!!

PS: I'm not sure if Wheeler looked better than Ray in that pic, IMHO they are both SUPREME.

K

kethnaab

I'm going with Dorian. Remember, we are talking about BACK, not hamstrings or glutes.

He had thickness and width to compare with Ronnie, but I am going with Dorian for the following reasons

1) Tighter Christmas tree
2) Ronnie's left lat issue has been an issue for awhile
3) Better conditioning overall

I can understand anyone picking Ronnie over Dorian, they are super close.

However, the people that say Flex Wheeler are forgetting that Flex's rear lat spread was WEAK...downright lame. GREAT back double biceps, great detail and separation, but no width...

as for Jay...get real. Jay FINALLY caught up to Ronnie on Ronnie's worst day as a pro in almost a decade, and people are ready to put him up there with the best ever?
Jay has width. Jay also has a watery lumbar area, no spinal erectors to speak of, and poor separation and detail in his lat area. Sorry, he doesn't come close.

He beat Ronnie this year, deservedly, but in no way, shape or form does he deserve to rank up there with "the best"

Once he learns to get rid of that half gallon of water in his lower back, and once he learns how to deadlift more than 4 plates, and once he learns how to row some weight, then perhaps his back will be deserving of mention in a "best ever" type of thread.

I've attached a few pics. Before Team Cutler decides to rant and rave, post up pics that compare please. Then I'll listen. Jay has width, but that is it.

Attachments

• dorian back shot.jpg
    dorian back shot.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Dorian posterior chain B&W old.jpg
    Dorian posterior chain B&W old.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Ronnie vs. Dorian rear lat - reduced.JPG
    Ronnie vs. Dorian rear lat - reduced.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Dorian relaxed gorilla back.jpg
    Dorian relaxed gorilla back.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 425
  • Ronnie rear lat flex 2004 O.jpg
    Ronnie rear lat flex 2004 O.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 229

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Jay's lower lats are uneven :hello:

Jayslatsqh0 1

WOT???? I believe you jhave some kind of special eye, like Superman, bro... I don't see they are uneven...

BTW: I'm a Cutler die hard fan, but I'll not say he has the best back ever... BUT... he has Christmas tree... not as spectacular as Dorian, but u could see it on the pic Line posted.

pecs

pecs

that dorian extreme right rear relax pic was photoshoped.. but he still has the best back

Q80_Musclehed

Q80_Musclehed

pecs said:
that dorian extreme right rear relax pic was photoshoped.. but he still has the best back
yeah the relax is photoshopped where as the rear lat spread is original and first pic on the top left isn't dorain as well .. it's Jean pierre Fux

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Q posted again!!! :turborun: OMG OMG!!!

why isnt Lee Haneys back mentioned in here? :disgust:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
WOT???? I believe you jhave some kind of special eye, like Superman, bro... I don't see they are uneven...

BTW: I'm a Cutler die hard fan, but I'll not say he has the best back ever... BUT... he has Christmas tree... not as spectacular as Dorian, but u could see it on the pic Line posted.
I was more joking than anything else. However his left lat inserts more laterally that his right one does. Just look at the shape of his "christmas tree". It's really minor and he probably won't be marked down for it ever, but like I said, I was mostly joking.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe not THE best, but the DETAIL!!!

irishmuscle

irishmuscle

I'd say Yates for best all time.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I was more joking than anything else. However his left lat inserts more laterally that his right one does. Just look at the shape of his "christmas tree". It's really minor and he probably won't be marked down for it ever, but like I said, I was mostly joking.

Ok bro, but it's not a mayor asimmetry... :D HATER! :D

B

brent2741

arnolds back is not even close to the best ever, i can think of 5 guys that are better just today

Light weight

Light weight

:xmasbigok:

Attachments

• 0006.JPG
    0006.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 323