• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

the cutting procedes

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sceptic::tiphat:

Lance: thanks for the awesome compliments bro:) really appreciated and i will certainly keep going,u got a great physique man, cant wait to c u on stage. we young guys gotta keep pushing eachother;)

Pghi: thanks heaps brotha, much appreciated:)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Fantastic progress, BB. We've seen nothing but truly great commitment from you over your tenure here at the Mecca. How much more do you plan on cutting away?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fantastic progress, BB. We've seen nothing but truly great commitment from you over your tenure here at the Mecca. How much more do you plan on cutting away?

means alot coming from one of the bigger guys here, thanks heaps line:tiphat:

im not sure how much more ill drop, but people are telling me im around 7-8% bf. honestly i would love to get in the lower range (5%), and then maybe even cut carbs/water and carb up, just for the experience of it. i dont know how much weight i will have to drop to get there, but maybe 8-10 more pounds:wutyousay: i havent quite decided yet though, because i understand im jepordizing alot of muscle, and i want to start adding size again soon too:xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
means alot coming from one of the bigger guys here, thanks heaps line:tiphat:
No problem. It's certainly credit where credit is due. :xyxthumbs:
Bulkboy said:
im not sure how much more ill drop, but people are telling me im around 7-8% bf. honestly i would love to get in the lower range (5%), and then maybe even cut carbs/water and carb up, just for the experience of it. i dont know how much weight i will have to drop to get there, but maybe 8-10 more pounds:wutyousay: i havent quite decided yet though, because i understand im jepordizing alot of muscle, and i want to start adding size again soon too:xyxthumbs:
Interesting idea, though 5% would get you in shape to step on stage more or less and I don't know if you want to put yourself through that. Regardless, just go by what feels comfortable at the moment. You being young helps as you can experiment a bit more with how things work for you at these lower stages of body fat and can build on that experience for years to come. And, of course, we all want to start adding size again after dieting. Hell, I'm not even close to reaching my goal this summer and I'm already looking forward to packing it back on.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that is an interesting idea bulkboy, try and get to 5% and just see what it feels like to get competition ready to see what its like, without doing everything else to prepare for one. good luck with the rest of the cut, looking great!

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn you look good.Nice back latspread and great quads:xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting idea, though 5% would get you in shape to step on stage more or less and I don't know if you want to put yourself through that. Regardless, just go by what feels comfortable at the moment. You being young helps as you can experiment a bit more with how things work for you at these lower stages of body fat and can build on that experience for years to come. And, of course, we all want to start adding size again after dieting. Hell, I'm not even close to reaching my goal this summer and I'm already looking forward to packing it back on.

im not sure myself either atm, most likely ill do as u say and see how it goes and if i start getting down there and i feel comfortable doing so without loosing too much then i may try it, so i know what its like:) and ye ure right, such an experience would be something i could build on later, and that is definetely the reason for me even considering it, i dont need to walk around at 5% at the beach anyway.

and i hear ya on starting bulking again, im so looking forward to it. tons of carbs, and start getting strenght back up, thats what we bodybuild for anyways, to put on the size:xyxthumbs:

so how is ur diet going line, what weight are u at now, i know u was a pretty damn massive 225, how far down are u planning to go?:dunnodude:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that is an interesting idea bulkboy, try and get to 5% and just see what it feels like to get competition ready to see what its like, without doing everything else to prepare for one. good luck with the rest of the cut, looking great!

yeah, i know, its actually quite tempting. although as ive said im not sure if im up for putting my body through it. we will c anyways. but the thing is im considering donig the carb depletion/ water cutting/ carb up phases too. just so i know what its like and can have that as a base for a future competition:tiphat:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
so how is ur diet going line, what weight are u at now, i know u was a pretty damn massive 225, how far down are u planning to go?:dunnodude:
Ha, honestly I don't miss being 225. That was two winters ago (wow, that seems like such a long time now) but perhaps I gained too much mass too quickly and felt uncomfortable and awkward as a whole. Unfortunately, at the end of last summer I subluxed my right shoulder and was unable to train properly for quite some time. I managed to keep my weight right around 200 pounds throughout the entire ordeal, without getting too far out of shape and right now I'm sitting at 198, with abs. Because I move furniture for a living it's getting to the point where I have to be extremely careful with my caloric intake because it's so easy to strip away too much size, which is compounded by the fact that it becomes hard to get to the gym after a 12 hour day of labor. Still, I'm on track, not as impressive as I'd like to look at this juncture but I'm certainly not unhappy. I'll be posting pics some time fairly soon, after I get my digital camera situation straightened out...and after I get rid of this horrible farmer's tan on my arms. :coolguy:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ha, honestly I don't miss being 225. That was two winters ago (wow, that seems like such a long time now) but perhaps I gained too much mass too quickly and felt uncomfortable and awkward as a whole. Unfortunately, at the end of last summer I subluxed my right shoulder and was unable to train properly for quite some time. I managed to keep my weight right around 200 pounds throughout the entire ordeal, without getting too far out of shape and right now I'm sitting at 198, with abs. Because I move furniture for a living it's getting to the point where I have to be extremely careful with my caloric intake because it's so easy to strip away too much size, which is compounded by the fact that it becomes hard to get to the gym after a 12 hour day of labor. Still, I'm on track, not as impressive as I'd like to look at this juncture but I'm certainly not unhappy. I'll be posting pics some time fairly soon, after I get my digital camera situation straightened out...and after I get rid of this horrible farmer's tan on my arms. :coolguy:

haha i know what ure saying about gaining to much mass, i think its wise to keep the diet somewhat clean even when bulking. bulk up to a certain bf, then cut and so forth. obviously bulking should be fun, which for me means burgers and kebabs from time to time too:methman: but next bulk ill try to eat clean5- 6 days a week. and reduce my carbs alittle from last time, where i would somedays eat a kg of them during a day:uhoh2:

great to hear that ur training and diet is on track Line, 12 hours of physical labour and hitting the gym must be hard, specially while on a diet. just keep plugging it out, i know u will, and let us not wait too long for a pic update:gaygay::xyxthumbs:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
JUST AWESOME! that latspread made me drop my food you bitch! :D
Nice mostmuscular also. Im really impressed

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya man your looking insane...shocking is all i can say. Most guys have lagging bodyparts but from those pics your incredibly complete for such a young age. Keep doing your thing. All the best dude :tiphat:

What kind of diet exactly are you on? The results speak for themselves... i'd like to give it a try

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya man your looking insane...shocking is all i can say. Most guys have lagging bodyparts but from those pics your incredibly complete for such a young age. Keep doing your thing. All the best dude :tiphat:

What kind of diet exactly are you on? The results speak for themselves... i'd like to give it a try

what works for bulky might not work for you, as far as i remember, i think it was last summer, i suggested that he basically do the 50/50 diet, protein/carbs without any actual sources for fats.. are you still doing that BB?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JUST AWESOME! that latspread made me drop my food you bitch! :D
Nice mostmuscular also. Im really impressed

haha, thanks DA, still alot of work to do on that back though, i have to get up to ur strenght in deads and maybe then ill be satisfied with my lower back thickness:angrydude::xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what works for bulky might not work for you, as far as i remember, i think it was last summer, i suggested that he basically do the 50/50 diet, protein/carbs without any actual sources for fats.. are you still doing that BB?

i did do that diet then, but im following abit different approach this time, although alot of the components are the same. i do not at all believe in the no carb craziness these days, i could never do without them. however i have realized i need to go alot lower on them, calories must be cut, and since protein is not an option it must come from carbs(i dont eat much fat in the offseason either really). at the same time my fat intake is also pretty low, so that leaves me with alot of protein.( around 300-350 g a day)

i started out about 11 weeks ago, very moderate, at that time i ate around 500-600 g of carbohydrates a day. the first week i lowered them 100 g to around 400. the next week to 350 and then 300 and as we speak im at about 120-150 g of carbs a day. it varies, on off days i might take in just 90-100, however on leg day and back day i might go for 180 or even higher, i find it shocks my metabolism and helps me get through my workouts easier. fat intake is also pretty low, i take in about 20 g from omega 3 and then 2 egg yolks, which leaves me with about 40 g of fat.

meals are something like this:
first thing in the morning i take in my supplements, BCAA, multivitamin, extra vitamin c, arginine. i then eat breakfast:

meal one: 50 g of oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins+ 50 g of whey protein in water.

meal two: 150 g of chicken with broccoli

meal three: same as two+ omega 3

meal 4(two hours before workout) 50 g of oatmeal with cinnamon+ 150 g of chicken or 150 g of red meat.

preworkout: 25 g of whey protein in water+ one scoop of horsepower+ 2 bcaa capsules.

immediately postworkout: 50 g of whey protein in water+ one scoop of horsepower+ one tablespoon of sugar+ 2 bcaa capsules

meal 5(one hour after workout) 50 g of oatmeal+ 6 egg whites + 2 yolks

one hour later i take 3 ZMA capsules

meal 6: 150 g of cottage cheese+ 25 g of whey protein in water

zzzzzzzz:gaygay:

im doing cardio 5-6 times a week atm, i do it immediately after weight training, 40 minutes of walking on an incline treadmill. before cardio i take in two bcaa capsules. weekends are off, but i sometimes walk for 40 minutes on either saturday or sunday depending on how i feel.

sometimes ill add in an extra serving of cottage cheese during the day to bring my total protein up even more. on average i take in atleast 300 g a day.

saturday or sunday is cheating day, i allow myself to drop my protein alittle, and substitute it for carbs. on cheating days i will often have bread for breakfast, and dinner will be whatever i like, like pizza, hamburgers, lasagne whatever i feel like+ my favourite cheat food, chocolate icecream:methman: often cheating day takes alittle off and i end up having 400-500 g of carbs, but so far it hasnt done anything other than work well for me.i feel more energized for the beginning of the week cause my glycogen stores are refilled and i think it shocks my body.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
wow man, that diet looks sweet! really well planned and thought out. :tiphat:

just one thing, what is horsepower? :dunnodude:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
ahhh i though it would be something like creatine. thanks for the info bro :xyxthumbs: