• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Dark Knight

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line should post a review, I'd love to see what he has to say about it.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome Line, can't wait for the review :)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One of the best movies I have ever seen

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like the part near the hospital
rofls, he kept pushing the button over n over..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have no idea if I can write a review here...

SPOILERS AHEAD, PLEASE DON'T READ (I have no idea how to do spoiler tags, sorry)

I give this movie a 7/10 - A really amazing movie, filled with annoying flaws.

It was a really long movie, but it managed to keep me entertained and on my toes all the time. Every second something was going on, you can debate if it was good or bad, but something was happening indeed. The scenery was incredible, the camera work was really good, although there were some action scenes in which it was hard to understand what was going on, too much frenzy... but you must be able to produce the feeling of frenzy and adrenalin without forfeiting understanding of what goes on.

The good:

Epic feel about it, it was indeed a massive cost movie. You can see it everywhere, the places, the destruction... they went all in with this movie. The acting was incredible for some characters, they really made the movie.

The bad:

Too much or a "realistic" feeling. And by realistic, I mean when they try to be truthful to the real world, but end up showing something much darker and sinister. The acting, some characters were horribly executed. I'll explain.

The Joker - Best fucking character in the movie. Once you realize with how little Ledger had to work, you can begin to understand his greatness. Look at the dialogue for the Joker, it's pathetic... they present him as a lunatic with no meaning behind his actions besides chaos. Which is shallow. They never even explain how he became the way he is, which is a great way to love and understand a character or why he behaves the way he behaves, they left us hanging and just accepting that "he is that way because some people are here to bring chaos to the world" Horrible.

Yet, with so little effort Heath managed to save the Joker, and save the movie. Imagine this movie with an average Joker, it would be just explosions with no soul. He gave the soul to a character with no soul.

Again, amazing. With nothing to work, a mediocre script and character history, he made it awesome.

Two Face - Just amazing. He portrayed a politician really well, that larger than life feeling about him, but giving Two Face a good vibe, which politicians lack. And then perfectly showing the evolution into the second face, a crazy, misguided, emotional and confused enemy. The CGI work was really fucking nice.

I didn't think he would end the way he ended, but he made a great character.

Those are my favorite characters. And now, the ugly.

Rachel - I'll keep it short and simple. HORRIBLE CHARACTER. Are we supposed to think Bruce and Harvie love this girl ? She has nothing going for her, no personality, no charm, nothing. She would manage as a policewoman character with 30 seconds on screen, but she didn't perform well. There was nothing special about her.

I had the same problem for the first movie. They need to find better girls for Bruce. I actually felt happy they killed her, no more annoying characters on screen.

Bruce Wayne - I think you guys will kill me, but I didn't like how he portrayed Bruce. He had the personality of a rock, which is fine for Batman, because that's the way he needs to be, but Bruce needs to be charismatic, charming, awesome, cool, badass, amazing, etc... non of that was in this movie. It was as if Batman and Bruce had the same dark personality.

Bruce needs to be the soul of the party, while batman needs to be the soul of the people. They only achieved the last part, with flaws.

The music - I loved it, I felt it went perfectly with the movie.

Overall, great movie with an epic feel for it. But I felt it could have been much much more.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Line, around a 7 out of 10 seems about right. It started off awesome, and the special effects were great of course, but there were some holes in the plot, things that could have been developed more, and so on, especially towards the end.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nearly every professional critic would grade it above 6.5/10.

Dead or not dead, Ledger's performance automatically fullfills an above 7/10 rating.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a strong feeling Line is just bothered with the overhyping of Ledger.

With everyone using Heath as their avatar on rotten tomatoes and the people rating the dark knight as the best movie of all time, I think that bothers him so he gives it a lower rating. If not, I'd like to hear his critique.

I agree that Maggie Gyllenhall wasn't anything special. Her acting was better than Holmes, but her looks and dead personality make it impossible that Gotham's DA/hero and one of the richest men in the world would be all over her.

skid9832004

skid9832004

With everyone using Heath as their avatar on rotten tomatoes and the people rating the dark knight as the best movie of all time, I think that bothers him so he gives it a lower rating. If not, I'd like to hear his critique.

I agree that Maggie Gyllenhall wasn't anything special. Her acting was better than Holmes, but her looks and dead personality make it impossible that Gotham's DA/hero and one of the richest men in the world would be all over her.

agree with it all......

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

fully agree, BTW Maggie is fugly. :ugh:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I SAID THAT FIRST !!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maggie is definetly one of the ugliest broad's i've seen.

I told high_five I wouldn't even let that girl stand on my door mat, she's so ugly.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I SAID THAT FIRST !!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

sorry but your threads are boring thats why i didnt read your post.

no offense i like Putin. :xyxthumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

A better question is why not? It isn't the best movie of all time, but the overall package that the story brought was one of the best I have seen myself. I haven't seen as many movies as you though, and we don't have the same type of preference as well. I am looking forward to your critique, but as Flex said anything below a 7 is total BS....