• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Metal News

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I just want to say that Mastodon's Crack The Skye has become one of my fave albums of all time. Sooooo awesome.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Metallica - Riot 'Em All In Colombia

Violence and chaos broke out around Bogota's Simon Bolivar park last Wednesday night, when hundreds of frenzied fans tried to crash Metallica's first Colombian concert in eleven years.

Bogota's Regulatory Center of Emergency Services reported that four policemen and four civilians were hospitalized throughout the evening for cuts, lesions to the head and one fractured leg. One youth was stabbed with knife in the hand.

160 people were arrested and property was vandalized and destroyed, as ticketless fans tried to storm the venue in order to catch a glimpse of their "rock-god idols". Radio Santa Fe reported that prior to the concert, there were posts on social networking site Facebook inciting fans to crash the Metallica concert. Estimates of audience numbers by Colombian media sources oscillate wildly between 20,000 and 70,000.

Authorities implemented security measures as heavy as the band's music, with some 1,500 police employed to stand guard during the event, as well as four tanks and several police trucks. There were no reports in the Colombian media that the tanks had been deployed.

The Metallica riots are reminiscent of those that rocked Bogota during a concert by British heavy metal group Iron Maiden in March 2009.

Metallica last played in Colombia on May 2, 1999. To view their 2010 and 1999 playlists, click here.

Can I just say: CARDU!!!!! :angrydude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
What the fuck are they gonna use the tanks for.... seriously.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just want to say that Mastodon's Crack The Skye has become one of my fave albums of all time. Sooooo awesome.

You encouraged my to give it a listen. I want those 10mins of my life back :angrydude:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I have to go to hellfest!

really good lineup !

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Tim and Skip: you guys suck :shakefist:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
You know what this makes me feel like?

:borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ What did you think of Adagio's song Vamphyri?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Thats not a bad song ey. I had never heard Adagio before.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No Sign Of Life. Look them up. Awesome new Metal band.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RIP Dio.

On a more positive note:

I'm going to METALLICA in October. First show had been 2/3 sold on pre-pre-ticket sales. We got great tickets on the pre-ticket sale. I feel sorry for anyone not on the pre or pre-pre lists.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would just like to make everyone aware of an important international day coming soon.

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SLAYER June 6th

Basic idea is to celebrate metal by listening to Slayer. In true "International day" heritage, this day is about imposing our culture on everyone around us whether they like it or not in an effort for recognition and understanding.

National Day of Slayer Task Force

How to Celebrate
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.
  • DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.

Taking that participation to a problematic level
  • Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
  • Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
  • Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
  • Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
  • Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Honestly, there are a million better metal bands than Slayer.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, there are a million better metal bands than Slayer.

I'm not a huge fan either. What I do like is the sentiment behind the day. I say I like metal to people at work and I'd swear I'd grown an extra head or just taken a bite out of a baby or something.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I play my music loud most of the time anyway :keke:

G

Gringo

Making euro trip from Perth this year, going to Hellfest, Metal Camp and Kaltenbach.
Altho most of the big Hellfest bands have toured here recently, Behemoth Nile Suffocation Dying Fetus Immortal etc...will be good to see them on a big stage I guess.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
If there was ONE band that could tour Australia which would cause me to die happy... it would be Immolation