• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Time to die

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
we live in a death trap.... oh god.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ohh yes, i didnt even mention SALT WATER CROCODILES.

in Australia, our wildlife usually dosnt *eat* us. it poisons us. we dont really have bares or wolves or tigers or whatever. we have CROCODILES. i wont even delve into that one.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
King Browns are by far the worst of the snakes. They are so agressive that they will go out of their way to attack you. I've heard stories of them chasing utes with people riding on the back.

I forgot crocs and boxies...

saltwater-crocodile2.jpg

Saltwater Crocodiles - these fuckers grow massive, nearly 6 metres long and will try and eat nearly anything, small dingys and machinery included. They have developed a particular taste for european backpackers in the past decade. If you go swimming in muddy water anywhere in the northern part of Australia, expect to be eaten.

470_box0-1.jpg

Box Jellyfish - can kill you with with their stings.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ohh yes, i forgot to mention. the stonefish, if you stand on it (they sit on the bottom of the waterbed with thier spikes erected) delivers a poison/sting soo painful that people have been said to amputate thier limbs in an attempt to stop the pain.. and die in the process.

El Freako, Chesti, Peanut, Skeptic, MetalMX and others.. what else have we not mentioned?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i dont really want to think about it ey... i shitmyself whenever i see a small huntsman. whenever i see a spider in my bedroom i like empty a whole can of mortein on the cunt... and im still not satisfied until i know its dead.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
King Browns are by far the worst of the snakes. They are so agressive that they will go out of their way to attack you. I've heard stories of them chasing utes with people riding on the back.
For an Australian your sure are acting like a yank. Snakes don't chase after people, I don't care how aggressive they are, the only way it will attack you is if you get to close to it and it feels threatened, it will defend itself. Most of the stories you hear are from morons who are terrified of snakes so decide to run them over or shoot them.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pain, please tell me you didnt watch the hamster one :ughfingers:

frezzy

frezzy

wow screw that :uhoh2:

Must. Have. Something. To. Clear. That. Image. From. Mind.

hatesandcastles.jpg

this will do

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
For an Australian your sure are acting like a yank. Snakes don't chase after people, I don't care how aggressive they are, the only way it will attack you is if you get to close to it and it feels threatened, it will defend itself. Most of the stories you hear are from morons who are terrified of snakes so decide to run them over or shoot them.

Whoa there, what's with the insults? :hhj:

Mate thats actually one of the descriptions in this thread that I wasn't throwing a bit of BS into. King Browns will chase you. Sure they're doing it because they feel threatened but they defend themselves very aggressively. I know most snakes will only attack if you go near them but the King Brown obviously consider its personal space is much wider than other snakes. My family and my wife's family both grew up on the land and I've had these stories retold to me many times. Hell, Steve Irwin has even mentioned it before! My wife has seen the ute chasing story with her own eyes, she was in the back of the ute. She is shit scared of snakes too so it would have been very freaky for her.

Do you live in the country? Have you ever seen a King Brown?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
possums20blog-1.jpg

15904Possum19JPG-1.jpg

Brushtail Possums - sure they look cute, but they will shred your arm or leg to bits if you approach too closely. They have also been known to cause fatal cases of lack of sleep from jumping, fighting and fucking on your corrugated iron roof.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Bogans - they drive these.
2004_Holden_VZ_Monaro-1.jpg

or these...
FordFalconXR8-1.jpg

They drink this.

They wear these, everywhere, even to a wedding.
800pxThongs-1.jpg

And they all have the same haircut, men, women and children
71-1.jpg

They attack by aggressive procreation and proliferation. Beware, they could be trying to get your sister drunk and have sex with her in the back seat of their car even as we speak. If you are driving through a typical bogan working class suburb in anything other than a Ford Falcon or a Holden Commodore, they will react defensively to protect their territory. Expect to be called a "wanker" or a "sissy", this is a fairly weak defensive measure as they really don't know many other words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whoa there, what's with the insults? :hhj:

Mate thats actually one of the descriptions in this thread that I wasn't throwing a bit of BS into. King Browns will chase you. Sure they're doing it because they feel threatened but they defend themselves very aggressively. I know most snakes will only attack if you go near them but the King Brown obviously consider its personal space is much wider than other snakes. My family and my wife's family both grew up on the land and I've had these stories retold to me many times. Hell, Steve Irwin has even mentioned it before! My wife has seen the ute chasing story with her own eyes, she was in the back of the ute. She is shit scared of snakes too so it would have been very freaky for her.

Do you live in the country? Have you ever seen a King Brown?
They weren't insults dude, well unless your that offended to be compared to an american :49:

And those stories are greatly exaggerated. Now I'm not saying there's no truth to them, I'm saying the story starts out as a snake chasing you ten metres, it winds up being you doing 100km/h on a highway and the snake is behind you doing 90.

To answer your question, I've lived here my whole life, 3/4 of which is on the property I'm on now. Several of my friends own snakes, lizards, water dragons and many other reptiles. I also used to work at a zoo so I'm not talking out of my ass.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
They weren't insults dude, well unless your that offended to be compared to an american :49:

And those stories are greatly exaggerated. Now I'm not saying there's no truth to them, I'm saying the story starts out as a snake chasing you ten metres, it winds up being you doing 100km/h on a highway and the snake is behind you doing 90.

To answer your question, I've lived here my whole life, 3/4 of which is on the property I'm on now. Several of my friends own snakes, lizards, water dragons and many other reptiles. I also used to work at a zoo so I'm not talking out of my ass.

Wouldn't you be insulted if someone called you a yank? :ugh:

Yeah I didn't actually mean that they'll chase you down the highway at top speed, just that rather than flee they would sometimes go out of their way to attack you. But they did chase my wife when she was on the back of the ute. :keke: They were driving along a track surrounded by long grass.

I spent my formative years of my life (ages 6-18) on a property too and have had run-ins with all sorts of snakes (red-bellies, taipans, blacks) but thankfully not king browns.

Where in Oz are you?

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

At the risk of offending everyone on this site, yes :49:

Yeah I didn't actually mean that they'll chase you down the highway at top speed, just that rather than flee they would sometimes go out of their way to attack you. But they did chase my wife when she was on the back of the ute. :keke: They were driving along a track surrounded by long grass.

Oh ok that sounds more plausible :xyxthumbs:

I spent my formative years of my life (ages 6-18) on a property too and have had run-ins with all sorts of snakes (red-bellies, taipans, blacks) but thankfully not king browns.

Amazingly there was one a brown out the back of our house about 6 months ago hanging from the wire on the gauze door, it dropped down straight infront of our dogs, slithered in between the dogs legs and went into the retaining wall. Didn't even look like biting them.

Where in Oz are you?
I'm about 3 or so hours away from Sydney, in the hunter valley.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Where in Oz are you?

is it true you can only be bitten 2-3 times and then the antidote/antivenom stops working?