• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Time to get serious and put money where your mouth is.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Keep in mind though, at all of the last 3 Olympia's, Jay improved a lot the second night. Obviously this is different since he looks great in pre judging, but he could still slightly improve by 5% or so tonight...

thats because normally pre-judging is the morning of the same day as the finals.. i think this new schedule is much better of bbing as its much harder to come in dry and full that early.. 3pm is a great time for them to do the pre-juding.. gives them enough time to dry up and fill out more.. I doubt he will improve much tonight based on my theory i just stated..

wait, am i right about this? was pre-judging usually in the morning?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats because normally pre-judging is the morning of the same day as the finals.. i think this new schedule is much better of bbing as its much harder to come in dry and full that early.. 3pm is a great time for them to do the pre-juding.. gives them enough time to dry up and fill out more.. I doubt he will improve much tonight based on my theory i just stated..

Normally you are correct.... but it's been Friday night for the last 3 Olympias, this being the 4th.... get with the times, noob! :headbang:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

All three years that Ironslave is referring to, (2006,2007,2008) took place on two separate days.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so i wonder what helps some of these guys improve and drop their water so much from pre-judging to the finals.. maybe flexing so much causing the water to be pushed out as time goes on?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so i wonder what helps some of these guys improve and drop their water so much from pre-judging to the finals.. maybe flexing so much causing the water to be pushed out as time goes on?

You know better than this.....

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You know better than this.....

so they time their diuretics so that they look their best at the finals? or maybe it just hasn't fully done its job yet? because i would think you would want to peak at the pre-judging as that's where most of the judging takes place.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ this year the finals and pre judging are just as important for points

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Very well, that's all I wanted, an admission that people have been dismissing this champion WAY too quickly and forgot that he won every show there was to win, two years of hardships is nothing compared to a career of success.
A true Champion is determined by being able to lose and come back no matter what they odds and win again.
Jay did just that and is proving everyone wrong, once again.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Btw, he IS even more sharp tonite than yesterday, be ready to be blown away by him at the Finals.
I predict a PEFECT score tonite.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in b4 madmax is $100 richer

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very well, that's all I wanted, an admission that people have been dismissing this champion WAY too quickly and forgot that he won every show there was to win, two years of hardships is nothing compared to a career of success.
A true Champion is determined by being able to lose and come back no matter what they odds and win again.
Jay did just that and is proving everyone wrong, once again.

Jay has nailed his conditioning probably 3 times... 2001 Olympia, 2006 Olympia, and now the 2009 Olympia...

You're being WAY too vindictive about this. The question wasn't if it was possible for Jay to come in and win, the question was if he would get himself into the shape he needed to, and judging from history, that was unlikely. Even you must admit, he has come in "off" many, many, many more times than he has "on".

Jay's only obstacle in silencing his critics was himself, but kudos to him for over coming that. If he wins tonight he'll cement his place as someone who won more than one Mr. Olympia crowns.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Hardly, what about Ironman 2003, ASC 2002, 03 , 04?? NOC?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He'll make history tonight! :D

And cement himself as one of the best in the sport!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Hardly, what about Ironman 2003, ASC 2002, 03 , 04?? NOC?
Not nearly as impressive there as he was at the Olympias that IS mentioned. Impressive, sure, but not his best. That, and those shows aren't the Olympia, so their importance is somewhat muted.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max think the whole mm community is against Jay even the Team Cutler boys haha

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Max think the whole mm community is against Jay even the Team Cutler boys haha
You're just picking up on this? I got singled out for merely saying that Jay needs to better his 2006 condition to win, and was skeptical that he'd do it this year. Given how many times he was supposed to shock the world over the past 5 years, I'd say I was well within my rights to believe what I did.