• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Time to get serious and put money where your mouth is.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
we seen him 7 weeks out standing against Phil and Phil made Jay look like an amateur, there is no way Jay is in better shape then Phil.. i guess we will know by Jay's 1 vein on his whole body..

Oh this is gonna be so sweet!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If Jay nails his condition he will win....no one in that lineup can hang with him (in shape) but the question is can Jay still nail it like 2001, 2006???

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have any specific questions about word usage or sentence structure I'd be happy to address them.

im just curious why you cant "tone" it down a bit for use dumb folk?? english is not my first language and even if it was, i would not be on your level of understanding concerning the english language.. your on a bbing forum bro.. just wondering why sounding so intelligent is necessary? or do you just feel your opinions are given off in a much more accurate way when your use these so called "big" words... im not mad, im just saying it sucks for me because most of the time i dont even finish your posts because i get annoyed..

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Though your diction is hardly what I'd call professional (or mature), I accept the bet. Still, I'm not sure exactly what you hope to achieve by making such a public -- in terms of how public one can be on this forum -- spectacle over this. MuscleMecca is a bodybuilding discussion board and all predictions and the subsequent discussion that follow are based on a combination of speculation and history. While someone closer to/involved in the Industry, such as yourself, may be privy to information regular fans are not, we're all still making a guess as to how the athletes will place. My issues have never been with Jay on a personal level, as I don't know the man. I have no personal stake in the Olympia contest (outside this bet, of course) and only wish for a fair and consistently judged show. In this, your worries of me back-peddling or coming up with excuses are irrelevant -- I simply don't care about who wins as much as I care about why they win. If Jay wins and he looks the best, I'll handle myself with class; I don't plan on stringing together arbitrary complaints just to save face on a prediction that doesn't affect my own life in any direct way (again, outside of the bet).

tl;dr: I accept, though we need to define what does and does not constitute a "decisive" win. I suppose my suggestion would be that we could go by scorecards, which are still opinions of individuals but at least ones that are quantified to some standard.

Line, you are so full of it, already you are back tracking. You are always trying to make yourself sound like an expert and that you are the smart one. The fact that I am from the industry and know things you don't should have gave you an indication before that I know what I am talking about, it is not just subjective or my own opinion.

Nevermind decisive, it will be that way but it's not related to the bet, If Jay or should I say when Jay wins, I win, if someone else beats him, anyone else, you win. That's it! Very simple.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
If Jay nails his condition he will win....no one in that lineup can hang with him (in shape) but the question is can Jay still nail it like 2001, 2006???

How about better than that?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Line, on a serious note.

Have you found anything neat on ebay for 100$ yet?

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
im just curious why you cant "tone" it down a bit for use dumb folk?? english is not my first language and even if it was, i would not be on your level of understanding concerning the english language.. your on a bbing forum bro.. just wondering why sounding so intelligent is necessary? or do you just feel your opinions are given off in a much more accurate way when your use these so called "big" words... im not mad, im just saying it sucks for me because most of the time i dont even finish your posts because i get annoyed..

LOL!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im just curious why you cant "tone" it down a bit for use dumb folk?? english is not my first language and even if it was, i would not be on your level of understanding the english language.. but your on a bbing forum bro.. just wondering why sounding so intelligent is necessary? or do you just feel your opinions are given off in a much more accurate way when your use these so called "big" words... im not mad, im just saying it sucks for me because most of the time i dont even finish your posts because i get annoyed..

Personally, I do not feel Line said anything requiring an "advanced" understanding of English to comprehend. I feel it's probably two things:

1) Like you said, English is not your first language.
2) The majority of the people on the internet type via forehead bashing on the keyboard.

Keep in mind, Line is a writer as well. I highly doubt in that Line spends time thinking up ways to make himself sound more sophisticated to come across as smarter than other people on this bodybuilding forum.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MAX i will give you props bro.. you sure are very confident about Jay winning this year.. it actually excites me more for this friday evening!!! im getting itchy already.. woot..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, I am a writer, so that has a lot to do with it. Because of this, I don't like to practice writing in a more casual tone, as I don't want any "sloppy" habits to carry over into my professional or academic writing. If, in the future, you are interested in what I'm writing or a point I'm trying to make but my grammar/style seems over the top, let me know. That way I can reword something to make it more clear for you. Still, you have to realize that this is the way I comfortably write and I don't think that reading something with an extra dash of intellectualism is a bad thing for anyone.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree, props to Max for being willing to up put money to back up his claims, even if I feel it was a little uncalled for to call out Line specifically, especially considering that Jay was not 100% the past 2 years. That's primarily the reason people do not all have Jay winning it this year.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, MADMAX, are you just doing this vs. Line??

Or, are you doing this against Storm as well? (and whoever else wants to.... just asking so we can clarify this).

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Or, are you doing this against Storm as well? (and whoever else wants to.... just asking so we can clarify this).

"I will bet 100.00 USD to any one of you that are willing to take that bet, especially you, Line."

Goes for anyone.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member

I welcome all betting men. I would gladly take everyone's money. LOL.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line, you are so full of it, already you are back tracking.
No I'm not, as I still don't think Jay is going to win. I'm basically stating that I won't take the results as personally as you are likely to and that if Jay wins my bank account is really all that suffers. My reputation as a bodybuilding prognosticator isn't really what I'm trying to make a career of. Still, I don't understand your combative stance in relation to fans trying to have in depth discussions about who we feel will win or why (unless said discussions are about Jay's superiority). If there's one thing this sport needs more of, it's educated fans who seek a deeper understanding of the way things are judged or the patterns in decisions that emerge from shows over time.
MADMAX6 said:
Nevermind decisive, it will be that way but it's not related to the bet...
Now kids, this is back tracking. Nonetheless, I still accept.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Okay, just so we're clear, so far there are 2 bets going, verses Line and Storm....

how are the funds going to be transferred?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

Well, I just hope you'd also gladly pay your debts in case that something unpredictable happens to jay and he doesn't win...say...he's attacked by ninjas.

I'm sending my paypal address to you via PM, send me yours tomorrow and we have a deal.

Cheers, gnite.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
I agree, props to Max for being willing to up put money to back up his claims, even if I feel it was a little uncalled for to call out Line specifically, especially considering that Jay was not 100% the past 2 years. That's primarily the reason people do not all have Jay winning it this year.

Ok, I'll concede that for the past two years, Jay was not at his best during PJ for different reasons each year but by the Finals, both years, he was good enough to win the show and keep the title (the judges even said last year that at the finals Jay was the better bodybuilders), it happenned to Ronnie many times and somehow he kept the title even though he should have lost it at least twice if not more.

What I have a problem with is people including personal friends of Jay's discounting the guy after a couple years where he ran into challenges and tell him his best years are behind him, he's too old, his body is tired, blah blah blah...

The guys has won every contest there is to win, go 2nd to Coleman 5 times and should have beat him at least once in 2001 and possibly in 2005, won the Arnold 3 times and beat Dexter countless times. Suddenly at 36 he's too old?? Well we'll see how old he looks this year on stage!
Jay gets no respect and that's what burns me.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Okay, just so we're clear, so far there are 2 bets going, verses Line and Storm....

how are the funds going to be transferred?

Paypal is fine with me.