• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
tim290280 said:
Get some staps and tie them around the bar and hold them instead (so that you keep your arms higher). I don't even own straps so I'll have to find some rope.

That's a really good idea. I have straps and I'll be trying that out next time.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeh that is a good idea I dont like doing front squats for the same reason

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
I don't even own straps
Then how the hell do you do concentration curls? :xmascrunk:

Was wondering - are we ever gonna see some numbers in here mate?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tunen said:
Then how the hell do you do concentration curls?
I go with a bunch of duct tape (glance over at the avatar and reminisce). Basically you tape the DB's to your hand.
Tunen said:
Was wondering - are we ever gonna see some numbers in here mate?
I have posted some. They are usually to give reference to my new routine or embedded in text (like the USA trip summary).:xmaswiggle:

But as I posted on the previous page, I'm not going to just to spite the people who PM'd me to say I'm hiding a weak bench ("you hiding a 200lb bench or something" which is insulting considering I've DB overhead pressed 220x3 :mad: ).

If anyone is interested in actually figures that I lift then show your support. I change my mind all the time, so interest is likely to sway me. :)

Poll:
a) I really like your log the way it is
b) I really want to see your personal bests
c) I really want to see your current lifts
d) I really want to see your progress
e) I really want to see you naked

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I strode out into the backyard for my dose of lifting. A light breeze blew my hair, as I sucked in that relaxing vibe to start my workout. But the breeze lifted, and grew suddenly stronger. Within seconds I was caught in a whirlwind, dust and debris flew around me. I lunged for the power rack for shelter and support. My fingers grasped the cold steel, but their strength seemed to be ebbing slowly away. I wasn’t going to be able to hold on for much longer. I tried to scream for help, but all that came out was “Those stupid kids with their skateboards!”. I glanced at my reflection in the window, and watched as grey hairs sprang from my scalp, and my ears and the end of my nose sprouted stray hairs. But this was suddenly lost to me, as before my eyes everything started to become blurred and indistinct. As the view faded, I could swear I saw wrinkles form across my face.

The wind picked up further. My bones ached, and I could tell rain was coming, as my knee swelled up. All my joints swelled and became painful as though suddenly struck with arthritis. My upright posture was now twisted with the force of the gale. Pushing my shoulders forward, requiring me to brace myself upright. My youth was being withered away.

Then the winds died down, a calm restored.
It had happened again!
I had aged another year.

Happy Birthday to Me!

Glex

Glex

VIP
:hsughr: Happy Birthday! :hsughr:

a & d, I guess, but a & d are almost identical since you generally tell how the olympic lifting is going and such.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Glex!

I put (d) in as though it was going to be a run down of every PB or improvement, much like the other logs that have PB written next to the lift.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Ah, I see. Well, I vote for (a) then.

And I'll second Tunen's (e) :gaygay:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha. So two votes for leave it like it is, two for a bit of info on my progress, and two for pics of me naked.

Any more votes?

Just to update on the weightlifting. I posted in Tunen's log that I wouldn't mind competing in weightlifting at a state level. I've looked up the national results for the 85kg division and I would need a 200kg total to be top 10. My goals were 1.2xBW snatch and 1.5xBW C&J which would be 100+125.

So at the moment my max lifts (after a whole 2-3 weeks) are 75 and ~95 (less sure as the jerk is killing me, I can clean 100+). This means I'd need about 25kg on the snatch and about 30 or more on the C&J. I'm pretty confident after last nights snatches that as I get more practice my lifts will improve and naturally bump the total up. This is without the increases in strength that should come as well.

I'm thinking that 12-16 weeks should see me near those goals. Any balloon bursters? Is that unrealistic? Remember trained individual with no real experience in these lifts.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you snatch 75kgs? That's definately decent brah! I'd work to perfect my technique before approaching the higher poundages though... Snatching 100 isn't for pussies, nor the not technically apt :)

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good luck with your goals mate and we dont want to see naked pics :ughnoes:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you snatch 75kgs?
Yes but I do my practice with 60kg. I'm thinking of upping that as it has suddenly felt light.

The C&J still feel heavy at my practice weights. I don't catch well (ends up in my hands with my wrists bent, rather than on the shoulders in my finger tips) and when I jerk I don't drive hard enough on occassion, and I also end up with the wrist backward rather than locked.

So yeh still need to work on my technique a fair bit before I start nailing anything heavy on either. I figure it will flow naturally though.

FF said:
good luck with your goals mate and we dont want to see naked pics
Cheers FF. Good to hear that at least someone here isn't interested in my pale bubble butt.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Hmm, I don't know a lot about Olympic lifts, but like you said I would bet it depends on how good you are with the form right now. If you still have improvement to do with form then the weight should shoot up once you perfect it, as it usually does in similar activities. Even the small things you mentioned that need fixing amount to a lot when you're trying to lift a weight equivalent to yourself over your head!

By the way, you meant 1.5, not BW x 2.5 ...otherwise you'd be C&Jing 210 kilos! :49:

Good luck in the quest :hsughr: We'll be watching :spy:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Yes but I do my practice with 60kg. I'm thinking of upping that as it has suddenly felt light.

The C&J still feel heavy at my practice weights. I don't catch well (ends up in my hands with my wrists bent, rather than on the shoulders in my finger tips) and when I jerk I don't drive hard enough on occassion, and I also end up with the wrist backward rather than locked.

So yeh still need to work on my technique a fair bit before I start nailing anything heavy on either. I figure it will flow naturally though.
Do you have someone to teach you? I think the catch is the hardest part to get down :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
By the way, you meant 1.5, not BW x 2.5 ...otherwise you'd be C&Jing 210 kilos!
No I plan on lifting that much....... Nah typo! I'll fix that, good pick up!
Tunen said:
Do you have someone to teach you? I think the catch is the hardest part to get down
No, but those links I sent, one of the forums you can post up videos and have coaches assess them. I may join a club after I've gotten to a semi-competitive level (you have to be a member to compete).

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Haha. So two votes for leave it like it is, two for a bit of info on my progress, and two for pics of me naked.

Any more votes?
Sign me up!!! :xyxthumbs:

tim290280 said:
Just to update on the weightlifting. I posted in Tunen's log that I wouldn't mind competing in weightlifting at a state level. I've looked up the national results for the 85kg division and I would need a 200kg total to be top 10. My goals were 1.2xBW snatch and 1.5xBW C&J which would be 100+125.

So at the moment my max lifts (after a whole 2-3 weeks) are 75 and ~95 (less sure as the jerk is killing me, I can clean 100+). This means I'd need about 25kg on the snatch and about 30 or more on the C&J. I'm pretty confident after last nights snatches that as I get more practice my lifts will improve and naturally bump the total up. This is without the increases in strength that should come as well.

I'm thinking that 12-16 weeks should see me near those goals. Any balloon bursters? Is that unrealistic? Remember trained individual with no real experience in these lifts.
I say go for it! :e5dunno: Looks like you are doing great. Good luck Timmy.

Banshee

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banshee said:
Sign me up!!! (for naked pics)
I don't want you to leave your hubby.

And thanks for the vote of confidence. I power cleaned 100kg easily warming up for deadlifts. So if I can just get this stuff overhead I can be confident of competing at a state level.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Tunen and I don't have hubbies :spy: