• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tokyo Olympics boxing

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Tokyo Olympics boxing has started is now in the round of 16. Here are the favorites for the gold medal:
1) Shakhobidin Zoirov of Uzbekistan - flyweight
2) Mirazizbek Mirzakhalilov of Uzbekistan – featherweight
3) Andy Cruz of Cuba - welterweight
4) Eumir Marcial of the Philippines and Oleksandr Khyzhniak of Ukraine - middleweight
5) Muslim Gadzhimagomedov of Russia - heavyweight
6) Bakhodir Jalolov of Uzbekistan – super heavyweight

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't been watching the olympics but I heard some crazy story about a Moroccan boxer by the name of Youness Baalla attempting to bite New Zealand's David Nyika's ear like how Mike Tyson did to Evander Holyfield.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had no idea Uzbekistan had good boxers. We live we learn.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is the schedule for the women’s boxing quarterfinals in the featherweight division.
) Nesthy Petecio vs YM Arias Castaneda
2) Karriss Artingstall vs Skye Nicolson
3) Caroline Veyre vs Irma Testa
4) Maria Claudia Nechita vs Sena Irie

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nesthy Petecio of the Philippines and Irma Testa of Italy have won their respective bouts in the quarterfinals of the women’s featherweight during the morning session. In the afternoon session for the quarterfinals of the women’s featherweight bouts Karriss Artingstall defeated Skye Nicolson while Sena Irie won over Maria Claudia Nechita. All the winners are assured of a bronze medal.

In the men’s middleweight, Eumir Marcial of the Philippines defeated Algerian Y. Nemouchi. After a knockdown, Nemouchi suffered a bleeding eyebrow that later on had caused the referee to stop the fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Philippines is aiming for a 2nd gold with the win of Nesthy Petecio over Irma Testa with a score of 4-1. Petecio is now assured of a silver in the women’s featherweight division. It will be remembered that Hidilyn diaz of weightlifting had won the gold in the 55 kg against the Chinese Liao who is the record holder.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Philippines is doing really well. I'm not surprised though.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Women’s Featherweight finals. Japan’s Sena Irie fought tooth and nail in the 3rd round to extract the gold over Filipina Nesthy Petecio. It was even score going into the 3rd round and I was wondering how the Japanese earned a unanimous decision. It looked like a hometown decision. Petecio won the silver medal.

In the men’s flyweight quarterfinals, Carlo Paalam of the Philippines defeated top seed and Olympic champion Shakhobidin Zoirov in a 4-0 score. Due to an accidental headbutt both boxers had a cut but Zoirov’s was worse that the ring physician halted the bout in the 2nd round. Paalam was leading in the score sheet.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welterweight finals.
Roniel Iglesias of Cuba bagged the gold in the welterweight division by beating Great Britain’s Pat McCormack. The unanimous decision win is the 2nd Olympic gold of Iglesias who also won the gold in the 2012 London Olympics. Cuba earned a 2nd gold in the light heavyweight division when Arlen Lopez won on a 4-1 score over Great Britain’s Benjamin Whittaker.

In the men’s flyweight, Carlo Paalam of the Philippine goes for the gold after soundly beating Japanese Riomei Tanaka 5-0.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men’s featherweight finals.
Russian Albert Batyrgaziev earned a split decision to win the gold of the men’s featherweight division. American Duke Ragan showed grit and style but it was not enough to convince the judges of his effort. The bronze medals went to Lazaro Alvarez of Cuba and Samuel Takyi of Ghana.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men’s heavyweight finals.
Julio La Cruz of Cuba seemed to toy with top seed Muslim Gadzhimagomedov of Russia to win by 5-0 in capturing the Olympic gold in the heavyweight division. For the 3 rounds Gadzhmagomedov was confused with the speed of La Cruz in evading the punches. La Cruz was the light heavyweight champion in the Rio Olympics of 2016.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men’s flyweight finals
The Philippines failed to earn its first Olympic gold in boxing when Carlo Paalam suffered a knockdown in the 1st round. It was a successive 3 punches on the head from the hands of British Galal Yafai. Although Paalam was able to get more shots but the judges gave the 1st round to Yafai. In the 2nd and 3rd round the scoring was close but it seemed that Paalam’s effort was not enough in the eyes of the judges. Paalam settled for the silver medal.