• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Transform your delts with Dave Palumbo

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Hmmm apparently the isolation of the side deltoid seems to involve doing a trap shrug as well. I guess that is definite isolation then :31_whip:

Also you are meant to maintain the arm in the scapular plane when performing this exercise. Harder to do on a machine like that.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
As I have said before...side laterals with the dumbell pointing down to the floor instead for having it parallel will totaly smoke your side delts. I have never done anything that works so good
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
^^ I'll give it a try, Daniel.
 
Christian B

Christian B

Active member
Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
29
Points
1
As I have said before...side laterals with the dumbell pointing down to the floor instead for having it parallel will totaly smoke your side delts. I have never done anything that works so good

Second that- its not like its a big secret, but all I see at the gym is people doing all sorts off weird lat raises!
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
"you don't have to hold the dumbell in your hand"


:49: ... heaven forbid.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
was expecting something with a bit more.... substance,
shoulders are my worst bodypart and i dont even have a proper routine for them, everything else i kind of figured out wat works and wat doesnt, shoulder are still a millions miles behind
 
Top