• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tricep outer head

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a somewhat higher outer tricep head, with a somewhat lower long head. i was wondering if there was any exercizes to strengthen and gain mass to my outer head, because I don't want jonnie jackson triceps lol.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
reverse pushdowns or pushdowns are good

also lying db extensions and bench dips...

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sweet thanks...I have never done kick backs, but when I'm sittin around and i bring my arm straight back and then extend out (like a kick back) I really feel it in my outers. Are kick backs good for mass?

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

dips
and cable pressdowns will give u the mass on the outer head and hit them hard as well

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Incline DB or BB Skull Crusher or swiss ball Db skull crusher..

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There really is not a way to hit the lateral (outer) head of your triceps over your medial head.
The primary function of the Tricep is to extend the elbow (straightening the arm). Both the medial and lateral head work together to perform this function. When doing exercises like skull crushers, cable press downs, etc you are hitting both about equally. So if you have a small lateral head, or high insertion point there is nothing you can really do to change that. It's genetic, the only thing you can do is train your arms correctly and do the best with what you have.

Also, (in case you were wondering) the secondary function of the Tricep is fulfilled only by the Long head of the muscle, which is the bring the arm down towards the body (adduction). The Tricep shares this function with the Latissimus Dorsi.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Makes sense braaq, because i've heard that the triceps is actually the strongest pulling muscle in your body. I by outer head, I was referring to the medial and lateral heads. I have a low medial and long head with a high lateral head . I have some fucked up triceps lol. the lateral head can actually look low or high depending on how i flex them. Thanks for th ecomments guys. I actually did shoulders and tris(I cant workout back or bis because I have to let them rest for two weeks because the orth. surg. said so)today, and let me tell you, I wish I had been doing shorter workout all along. There awesome. Shoulders,tris,and calves in under an hour. I did kickbacks and got a wicked pump in the outers.. Thanks agian cats

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Makes sense braaq, because i've heard that the triceps is actually the strongest pulling muscle in your body. I by outer head, I was referring to the medial and lateral heads. I have a low medial and long head with a high lateral head . I have some fucked up triceps lol. the lateral head can actually look low or high depending on how i flex them. Thanks for th ecomments guys. I actually did shoulders and tris(I cant workout back or bis because I have to let them rest for two weeks because the orth. surg. said so)today, and let me tell you, I wish I had been doing shorter workout all along. There awesome. Shoulders,tris,and calves in under an hour. I did kickbacks and got a wicked pump in the outers.. Thanks agian cats

oh ok, well like I mentioned below: Skull crushers (overhead, lying down, etc), cable pressing movements, close grip bench, dips, and even heavy presses are great mass builders. Keep up the hard work. :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Incline DB or BB Skull Crusher or swiss ball Db skull crusher..

did i just hear you suggest a swiss ball :no:

stick with the heavy freeweight basics, but if you have a high insertion there's not a whole lot you can do about it, but you can still get a massive set of tri's tho, just look at ronnie!!!

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ Yes I did say swiss ball, I hate it as well but I do get a wicked pump when I do this exercise.. different things work for different people.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
mikfilly

mikfilly

Yeah I found that the close grip bench and tricep extension work the best for me!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
one thing i love doing for my outer triceps head is rev grip bar pushdowns

revgrippushdownshm7-1.jpg