• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

UFC 239 welterweight – Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
It is now the turn of veteran UFC welterweight Jorge Masvidal to test the mettle of undefeated MMA fighter Ben Askren on July 7. Askren submitted Robbie Lawler in his debut fight in the UFC. Although the fight record of Masvidal shows 13 losses and 33 wins, he has been beating good fighters lately and the last was an upset of Darren Till by a KO. Askren is the favorite in the betting odds at -230 at present.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
Did you guys see Askren in his glip-flops during the UFC 239 promotional event press conference?
I don't know where Jorge was, but it was fun to watch Ben Askren acting all crazy.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
I guess Jorge is not much of a talker or else he would have been running his mouth just like Askren was doing.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
It is kind of funny how the loudest fighters are the ones who mostly end up losing.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
The only strength of Askren in the octagon is his grappling. I had seen how Tyron Woodley was able to foil the excellent grappling of Damien Maia that it looked silly for Maia to be blocked all the time. Remember that Darren Till is not a pushover and Masvidal showed that he could be in line for the belt. Askren should be careful since he was just lucky to get a grip of Lawler in their fight.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
I guess if he is lucky he might get a grip on Jorge Masvidal, but I wouldn't put my money on that.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
If grappling is Askren's secret (or not so secret) is grappling, then I just hope he has fully mastered the art.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Undefeated Ben Askren who had a lucky choke on Robbie Lawler was not as lucky this time. Jorge Masvidal had played his plan perfectly with an immediate attack of a flying knee that hit the head of Askren who was in the act or stooping for a takedown. Askren fell unconscious but Masvidal by instinct made 2 shots for the follow up before the referee could stop the fight at only 5 seconds gone in the first round. It took minutes for Askren to be revived. Masvidal is now the #1 contender in the welterweight division.
 
Top