• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

US Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The NY tennis courts are busy once again with the start of the US Open 2021.

World #2 Naomi Osaka will defend her title in the US Open 2021. Osaka is the favorite in the betting odds and followed closely by world #1 Ashleigh Barty.

In the men’s category, world #1 Novak Djokovic is the the usual top favorite followed by Daniil Medvedev, Alexander Zverev and Stefanos Tsitsipas.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First round matches:
1) Top seed Ashleigh Barty vs Vera Zvonareva
2) #2 seed Aryna Sabalenka vs Nina Stojanovic
3) #3 Naomi Osaka vs Marie Bouzkova
In the men’s singles the first round matches are:
) Novak Djokovic vs Holger Rune
2) #2 seed Daniil Medvedev vs Richard Gasquet
3) #3 Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andy Murray

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Covid is causing an issue in the US Open. Spectators age 12 and over are required to have proof of vaccination. The announcement was issued 2 days before the start of the US Open matches on Monday night. With regards to players who are not vaccinated it is not an issue because they are not included in the new regulation to be vaccinated. World #1 Novak Djokovic and #3 ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas both said that vaccination is a personal choice and not to be compulsory.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Results of first round matches.
Former world #1 Simona Halep is on a comeback with a good win in the 1st round. Halep bested Italian Camila Giorgi 6-4, 7-6. Aryna Sabalenka who is the 2nd seed had a hard time in defeating Nina Stojanovic 6-4, 6-7, 6-0. Naomi Osaka who is seeded 3rd had an easy time in eliminating Marie Bouzkova 6-4, 6-1.

In the men’s single, 2nd seed Daniil Medvedev breezed past Richard Gasquet in 3 sets 6-4, 6-3, 6-1 while 3rd seed Stefanos Tsitsipas struggled before prevailing over Andy Murray in 5 sets.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former grand slam champion Andy Murray lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas in 5 sets. Murray is accusing Tsitsipas of cheating when the Greek star took a bathroom break. When he came back to the court he was playing much better. Murray said that he had lost his respect for Tsitsipas because he thinks that Tsitsipas was getting an advice from his coach using his phone in the bathroom.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed Ashleigh Barty cruised in the first set against Vera Zvonareva but she struggled in the 2nd set to get the win in a tie-break 6-1, 7-6. Another seeded player that struggled is #6 seed Bianca Andreescu who defeated Viktorija Golubic 7-5, 4-6, 7-5.

In the men’s single, top seed Novak Djokovic lost a set before eliminating Holger Rune 6-1, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1. In another match 4th seed Alexander Zverev breezed past Sam Querrey 6-4, 7-5, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Simona Halep seems to have her usual form when she beat Kristina Kucova in 2 sets 6-3, 6-1. For her part, 2nd seed Aryna Sabalenka disposed of Amara Zidanzek also by 6-3, 6-1. Defending champion Naomi Osaka is going to the 3rd round with a walkover on Olga Danilovic.

In the men’s singles, top seed Novak Djokovic marched to the 3rd round after besting Tallon Griekspoor 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 while 2nd seed Daniil Medvedev breezed past Dominic Koepfer 6-4, 6-1, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
US Open 3rd round results
Aryna Sabalenka defeated Danielle Collins in 2 sets 6-3, 6-3 while defending champion and 3rd seed Naomi Osaka was unlucky to lose to Canadian teenager Leylah Fernandez in 3 sets 7-5, 6-7, 4-6.

In the men’s singles, 2nd seed Daniil Medvedev cruised past Pablo Andujar in 3 sets 6-0, 6-4, 6-3. It is unfortunate for Stefanos Tsitsipas who was eliminated by the Spanish teenager Carlos Alcaraz in 5 sets 3-6, 6-4, 6-7, 6-0, 6-7.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed and world #1 Ashleigh Barty was waylaid by unseeded Shelby Rogers in 3 sets 6-2, 1-6, 7-6. The last set was a tiebreak that Rogers won 7-5. Barty was erratic and not consistent in her good shots that Rogers was able to capitalize on.

In the men’s singles, top seed and world #1 Novak Djokovic advanced to the round of 16 after beating Kei Nishikori who won the first set in a tie-break but eventually succumbed to Djokovic in the 2nd to 4th sets 6-3, 6-3, 6-2. Alexander Zverev was leading Jack Sock 3-6, 6-2, 6-3, 2-1 when Sock retired due to injury.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Round of 16 results.
There are 2 teenagers who have reached the quarterfinals for the first time. Carlos Alcaraz of Spain withstood the challenge of German Peter Gojowczyk 5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 6-0. In the women’s singles Canadian wonder girl Leylah Fernandez defeated former US Open champion Angelique Kerber 4-6, 7-6, 6-2. Fernandez will meet 5th seed Elina Svitolina in the quarterfinals while Alcaraz will square off with Felix Alliassimme.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The quarterfinals match up.
1) #2 seed Aryna Sabalenka vs #8 seed Barbora Kreijcikova
2) #5 seed Elina Svitolina vs Leylah Fernandez
3) #11 seed Belinda Bencic vs Emma Raducanu
4) #4 seed Karolina Pliskova vs #17 seed Maria Sakkari

In the men’s singles…
) Top seed Novak Djokovic vs #6 seed Matteo Berettinni
2) #2 seed Daniil Medvedev vs B. van de Zandschulp
3) #4 seed Alexander Zverev vs Lloyd Harris
4) #12 seed Felix Aliassime vs Carlos Alcaraz

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Quarterfinal results

Teenage sensation Leylah Fernandez of Canada defeated #5 seed Elina Svitolina in a tiebreak in the 3rd set 6-3, 3-6, 7-6. Seed #2 Aryna Sabalenka made short work of French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova 6-1, 6-4.

In the men’s singles, Daniil Medvedev defeated B. van de Zandschulp 6-3, 6-0, 4-6, 7-5. In the other match #12 seed Felix Aliassime won by walkover when Carlos Alcaraz retired in the 2nd set due to injury.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
British teenage tennis star Emma Raducanu proved her point by demolishing Olympic gold medalist Belinda Bencic in 2 sets 6-3, 6-4. In the other match Greek tennis star Maria Sakkari breezed past #4 seed Karolina Pliskova 6-4, 6-4.

In the men’s singles, top seed Djokovic defeated Matteo Berrettini in 4 sets 5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3 while 4th seed Alexander Zverev cruised past Lloyd Harris 7-6, 6-3, 6-4.

The winners in both the men’s singles and women’s singles will meet for the semifinals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Women’s singles semifinal results

It is a thrilling match between world #2 Aryna Sabalenka and unseeded Leylah Fernandez. The Canadian teener won the 1st set via a ti-break but Sabalenka came back to grab the 2nd set with a 6-4 score. In the deciding 3rd set Fernandez showed her grit and determination while Sabalenka seemed to have diminished her composure. Fernandez won with a 3rd set of 6-4.

In the other match Emma Raducanu who is a qualifier and also a teenager defeated #17 seed Maria Sakkari 6-1, 6-4. Raducano was dominant from start to finish.

The 2 teenagers will battle for the championship and it is a toss up on who will win.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Semi-final results for men’s singles.

World #1 Novak Djokovic prevailed over 4th seed Alexander Zcverev after a grueling 5 sets 4-6, 6-2, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2. In the other match Daniil Medvedev breezed past Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime 6-4, 7-5, 6-2. Djokovic and Medvedev will square off for the championship on Monday morning (Philippine time).

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Final results for women’s singles

The match of the teenage girls was expected to be a close one. In the first set, Emma Raducanu won 6-4 but it was not an easy one. However, in 2nd set the play of Leylah Fernandez seemed to have changed not for the better. She was obviously nervous with the mistakes that she committed. Raducanu took the 2nd set 6-3 and the trophy of the US Open. This finals match is a record because both players are unseeded. Raducanu is a qualifier and she now holds that distinction of the only qualifier to reach the finals and to win the championship.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Final results for men’s singles.

It was a fitting finish for world #2 Daniil Medvedev and a frustrating end of the grand slam for world #1 Novak Djokovic. After taking the first 2 sets, it seems that Medvedev was taking it easy when he was ahead 5-2 in the 3rd set. But Djokovic made a last stand rally to reach 5-4. But in the last game it was still the Russian who took home the match with 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. Djokovic failed to achieve the record of winning all 4 grand slam tournaments in a year.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 2021 US Open has made history with the unexpected winners. Daniil Medvedev of Russia foiled the attempt of Novak Djokovic to win all 4 grand slam tournaments in one year. Djokovic had already won the Australian Open, the French Open and the Wimbledon.

In the women’s singles it is a record for a qualifier when Emma Raducanu won the trophy by beating Canadian Leylah Fernandez. Both are teenagers and both are unseeded.

Truly the US Open has made a historic run this year.

R

Robert

The 2021 US Open has made history with the unexpected winners. Daniil Medvedev of Russia foiled the attempt of Novak Djokovic to win all 4 grand slam tournaments in one year. Djokovic had already won the Australian Open, the French Open and the Wimbledon.

In the women’s singles it is a record for a qualifier when Emma Raducanu won the trophy by beating Canadian Leylah Fernandez. Both are teenagers and both are unseeded.

Truly the US Open has made a historic run this year.
Raducanu and Fernandez produced tennis worthy of a final.