• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

VH1 Rock Honors/Zak Wylde SUCKS

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
^^ I know, but if you listen to Zakk talk, he thinks he IS a rock God!

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
^^ It's really not that great :e5dunno:

He's not melodic like say John Petrucci, and he's not as crazy good. He's still ridiculous, but in the realm of just pure guitar wizardry he's not at the top. Look up John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani...even Yngwie Malmsteen and Eric Johnson.
i don't know much about guitarist and guitars in general, and also i never heard of any those guys u mentioned. Actually, i don't like guitar solos that much anyway, but some are ok, like a mentioned earlier, "no more tears."
Glex said:
^^ I know, but if you listen to Zakk talk, he thinks he IS a rock God!
Yea he does think is the greatest and that his shit doesnt think.

Glex

Glex

VIP
I looked for a vids on John Petrucci but couldn't find any really good quality ones. I know I've seen 'em, but I'm too lazy to go looking. Didn't check for the others I mentioned, but they're all insane, too.

Here's an easy one to find, though: Dragonforce. They're not all that amazing save their ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous speed, but they're still better than Zakk.

Last edited by a moderator:
SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man, dragonforce is some crazy ass shit man Yea, they are freakin fast. I do see the how thatst akes a shit load of talent, but im really not like "feelin it," ya know. I mean, its not somethin i would listen to, but would be cool to watch at a concert or somethin.

Since were on the topic of guitarist and hwta not, i would to bring up the a couple. IMO, i enjoy listening to BB King ("thrill is gone"), some stevie ray, and jimi hendrix (especially his song "red house").

What you think of these guys compared to guys now.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ sounds like a sonic the hedgehog song with drums

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jimi Hendrix > all.

End of story. :food-snacking:

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypocrisy86 said:
^ sounds like a sonic the hedgehog song with drums
If ur talkin about dragonforce, i thought it too sound like some video game as well, honestly.

Glex

Glex

VIP
I haven't listened to a lot of BB King, regretably. Jimi is insane; listen to his improv at Woodstock. I love Stevie Ray Vaughn, but he had to grow on me. Him and ZZ Top both made sense to me around the same time.

Those guys have a lot of talent, but they weren't around for a lot of the development of new techniques like tapping, sweep picking, etc, nor do I think they would've employed all the techniques anyway; it's not their style. Stevie is fast, for example, but what's more important to him is that it sounds good and is soulful.

Igorek

Igorek

Dragonforce are gay and they suck.
I also heard that they suck very badly live as they can't really duplicate all their harmonics and stupid effects live.
Sonata Arctica is alot better IMO.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
oh papi, i want to rep u again

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

VIP
Igorek said:
Dragonforce are gay and they suck.
I also heard that they suck very badly live as they can't really duplicate all their harmonics and stupid effects live.
They're good out of the studio. You're right, they aren't as good live (watch them on 'I betcha can't play this', it's laughable), but they still have amazing technical skill.

I'll have to look into Sonata Arctica, I've never heard of 'em.

V

vdawg

alexi laiho is the man, look him up on youtube.