• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

VICTOR WILL BE AT OLYMPIA 2008!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
But I dont see the point in stressing his recovery just so he can compete at this years Olympia when he can come back to the Arnold better then ever and make a good push for the titel there instead.
You're ignoring some key issues here, most fiscally related. Bodybuilders do not have health insurance and therefore Victor is dependent upon the money he makes from his sponsors and shows to, not only pay for the knee operation, but for any other post-op treatment he receives. Yes, in a business such as this one many things go on the way of favors but in order to regain said contacts he needs to keep competing. There shouldn't be this delusional fascination on winning titles when, in the long run, there's much larger issues at stake.
Daniel Andersson said:
If its like he says that his legs are smaller that would be really bad for him, because as I said before his legs aren't that good even at 100%, (Not saying that they are bad though) But they lack seperation in the quads and the same kind of sweep others have.
Size is not a problem, especially from a proportionality standpoint. Leg separation, aside from some slight changes due to conditioning and possible influences regarding the all-to-debated "muscle maturity" factor, will not improve regardless of what he does. Nonetheless, his sweep is just fine and, as is the case for all of his muscle bellies, they'll remain rounded and full looking; it's his genetic disposition.

That being said, there's a condition that's been studied, though to my knowledge not published with explicable findings, regarding trained athletes gaining any loss in hypertrophy and strength back far more rapidly than newer athletes. Of course, the years of training that Victor has put in to get where he is, in conjunction with the fact that atrophied muscle grows faster as is when reintroduced to even common, everyday tasks makes him a prime candidate for faster growth. I'm sure other "outside" influences will help as well.
Daniel Andersson said:
And lets face it. Cutler wont lose this year unless he doesn't show up. Dennis Wolf will be top 3, Phil Heath will be in the top 5 atleast, Dexter will be 2nd or 3rd as always, Melvin is a top 5 competitor IMO. That will leave Victor at 5th - 6th place if his legs are decent.
Huh? You're naming guys who either haven't beaten Victor ever or haven't bested him in years and you're saying they'll automatically push him out of contention? Not buying it.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Huh? You're naming guys who either haven't beaten Victor ever or haven't bested him in years and you're saying they'll automatically push him out of contention? Not buying it.

Im not saying that they will place ahead of him automatically. But that they might get favoured over Victor when he's not 100%

J

jeromethechicken

He will always be a threat in every competition he enters. But I dont see the point in stressing his recovery just so he can compete at this years Olympia when he can come back to the Arnold better then ever and make a good push for the titel there instead. If its like he says that his legs are smaller that would be really bad for him, because as I said before his legs aren't that good even at 100%, (Not saying that they are bad though) But they lack seperation in the quads and the same kind of sweep others have.

And lets face it. Cutler wont lose this year unless he doesn't show up. Dennis Wolf will be top 3, Phil Heath will be in the top 5 atleast, Dexter will be 2nd or 3rd as always, Melvin is a top 5 competitor IMO. That will leave Victor at 5th - 6th place if his legs are decent.

True but just placing in the top 8 would be a huge accomplishment given what he will have had to endure to get there. There is not doubt that he is working his butt off to prepare for the O. I think all of his fans will be excited just to see him up there competing regardless of his place. I believe he'll be competitive and I see him placing in the top 5. He's got a better overall package then Phil and Dennis.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
kai
phil:ughnoes: ...and danger!!
vic
jay
dex

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck, line changed my mind, whatever vic does, he will still be critiziced by his legs.. small, no separation, etc etc..

go there and do your best victor

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome fucking news !!!

I hope he places high to win some cash :3
And I hope he didn`t lose too much size in the leg department.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he probably make the O for the money, so it wont be a mistake whatever he places..

but yes for the fans, there is no way he will be #2 or even #3 with a leg surgery this year, no if his weak point was already the legs

:49:

victor can have his size back with in 2 months no problem, your underestimating him.

Jay is in trouble

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck, line changed my mind, whatever vic does, he will still be critiziced by his legs.. small, no separation, etc etc..

You have got to be kidding me :dunnodude: Look again bro, especially from the side. His legs are bigger than Jay's, just not as much separation.

Take a look :no:

0000000VicJay4-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good for him.. in all honesty im quite shocked at how fast he has recovered already, as i had a similar injury/surgery but it was on my hand, i couldn't imagine how bad it would of been on the leg.. anyways, this is great news!!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great, great news. I hope he will be ready and take Jay down. It is possible if he is recovered properly and has the size to face Jay.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

victor can have his size back with in 2 months no problem, your underestimating him.

Jay is in trouble

surgery and 100% healed in less than a year? squatting at pro level? cardio al pro level? in a year? .O.K. oh come on..

braaq much bigger? REALLY? let me put my GLASSES ON ... @_@ ... ok i still dont see that BIGGER LEGS, plus making a jay's worst year comparision is aand little.. too imparcial? doesnt help me to admire his BIGGER LEGS .. anyways your try-to-bash jay again, failed

but you didnt got the point, vic is critiziced by his legs, (SOMEONE) will say its lack of separacion, (OTHERS WOULD SAY) its size, (OTHERS) will bash his fake calves..(OTHERS again) will say his hams lack detail from the back, i dont fully agree with all the negative comments i have heard about his legs, but the point is whatever he does with his legs, he will still be critiziced

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
surgery and 100% healed in less than a year? squatting at pro level? cardio al pro level? in a year? .O.K. oh come on..

braaq much bigger? REALLY? let me put my GLASSES ON ... @_@ ... ok i still dont see that BIGGER LEGS, plus making a jay's worst year comparision is aand little.. too imparcial? doesnt help me to admire his BIGGER LEGS .. anyways your try-to-bash jay again, failed

but you didnt got the point, vic is critiziced by his legs, (SOMEONE) will say its lack of separacion, (OTHERS WOULD SAY) its size, (OTHERS) will bash his fake calves..(OTHERS again) will say his hams lack detail from the back, i dont fully agree with all the negative comments i have heard about his legs, but the point is whatever he does with his legs, he will still be critiziced

you don't see that vics legs are bigger because you have a blind bias in jay's favor. they are bigger. maybe you need new glasses :confused:

vics legs however are not a strong point because of his seperation issues and they just never appear rock hard. however in the size department he is more than well off. but this is all he has going for him. if he loses that size, it could spell a drop in placing because EVERYONE is going to be criticizing his legs if they come in looking bad because of the injury. i'm sure the judges will give them an extra look as well.

hope he does well though. i don't think he'll beat dexter if he comes in looking like he did at the arnold. and if wolf comes in like he should he shouldnt beat him either.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:49: I had to go back and re-read that a few times, but since english is most likely not your first language I won't give you a hard time.
Ok, so you clearly need new glasses if you don't see the difference. And why not compare the recent Jay with the recent Vic? Should I go get the best pic of each even though they do not look like that anymore? Would that make you happy?
Or maybe you need to realize that your always EXTREMELY biased towards Jay that you fail to see or recognize the obvious. Just keep being happy that your boy was rewarded twice for something he did not deserve and keep the comparisons to people who actually make sense. :tiphat:

Of course his legs are going to scrutinized now, the point your trying to make is obvious so thus it is moot. After the surgery the eyes of all the judges will clearly be at his thighs and to see if he has brought them back up or if there is a large loss of symmetry (like your boy Jay). But if Jay wins a Sandow with his disproportional legs, why should that hurt Victor?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: I had to go back and re-read that a few times, but since english is most likely not your first language I won't give you a hard time.
Ok, so you clearly need new glasses if you don't see the difference. And why not compare the recent Jay with the recent Vic? Should I go get the best pic of each even though they do not look like that anymore? Would that make you happy?
Or maybe you need to realize that your always EXTREMELY biased towards Jay that you fail to see or recognize the obvious. Just keep being happy that your boy was rewarded twice for something he did not deserve and keep the comparisons to people who actually make sense. :tiphat:

Of course his legs are going to scrutinized now, the point your trying to make is obvious so thus it is moot. After the surgery the eyes of all the judges will clearly be at his thighs and to see if he has brought them back up or if there is a large loss of symmetry (like your boy Jay). But if Jay wins a Sandow with his disproportional legs, why should that hurt Victor?

:bowhay:

qweasd1

qweasd1

i cant understand how a disabled man like victor with only one leg healthy to compete in the olympia that year and also willing to win it over the formidable jay cutler .

he must be joking , he said his size losses is minimal !!

how one can win mr olympia without doing barbell rows , deadlifts , squats , barbell curling , hamstring work ? most of the mass training needs to have healthy legs even they will not work positive but atleast for balance (how to deadlift with disabled leg ????).

unless he knows something extra than the other people or having the secret formula of the superman he will also place in top ten in best prediction .
congratulations victor for last place this year .

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
But if Jay wins a Sandow with his disproportional legs, why should that hurt Victor?

Because his legs has always been like that. It hasn't been a "sudden" change in his leg size (Actually none if we look back a few years :food-snacking:)
If Vic comes in with just a tad smaller legs I dont see him getting that much problems, but the judges will look more on his quads then before as you said.
And if there is a obvious change in size and symmetry it will not favour him at all when he already lack a good other sweep on his quads and seperation to match the rest of his physique. But the overall size is there, And he clearly has bigger legs then Jay from the side on that pic. I hope for Victors sake that it hasn't changed

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant understand how a disabled man like victor with only one leg healthy to compete in the olympia that year and also willing to win it over the formidable jay cutler .

he must be joking , he said his size losses is minimal !!

how one can win mr olympia without doing barbell rows , deadlifts , squats , barbell curling , hamstring work ? most of the mass training needs to have healthy legs even they will not work positive but atleast for balance (how to deadlift with disabled leg ????).

unless he knows something extra than the other people or having the secret formula of the superman he will also place in top ten in best prediction .
congratulations victor for last place this year .

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh team we hate jay strikes again

braaq will try to bash jay even in a non jay thread, and his minion duality would agree with him even if he say the poo's color is pink

good job A team