• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Vitamin C for stronger resistance

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Our body needs resistance against the elements especially during the rainy season. Doing a workout is great when the weather is cool but the common cold and the flu become prevalent. One advice was to drink plenty of fruit juice particularly citrus fruits because they are rich in vitamin C which will strengthen our body’s resistance and immunity. There is no overdose of vitamin C since having too much is not bad and has no ill effects on the body.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If I may add, we need to take enough Vitamin C so that our bodies will function adequately. Symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency are muscle weakness, fatigue, joint and muscle aches, leg rashes and bleeding gums. Prolonged insufficiency may cause scurvy, a rare but potentially severe illness.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, Vitamin C will reduce the severity and duration of colds, but you will still probably catch a cold every now and then. Vitamin C does help to repair and regenerate tissues, and protect you from heart disease and some cancers as well. You should take 500mg of Vitamin C a day , also make sure you consume 5 servings of fruits and vegetables as well.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Vitamin C strengthens our immunity against wounds, viruses, and help maintains our bones and cartilages and teeth.

One important benefit of Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid is that it helps form Collagen and it helps maintain our skin young looking.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I agree that taking vitamin c increases our resistance to certain viruses like colds. But I'd be wary of taking in too much of it because it may have some side effects too. Too much vitamin c can also cause some nausea and diarhea but these are merely te body's flusing out the excess vitamins. i take a daily dose of 500 mg sodium ascorbate, the non acidic vitamin c after every meal.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that taking vitamin c increases our resistance to certain viruses like colds. But I'd be wary of taking in too much of it because it may have some side effects too. Too much vitamin c can also cause some nausea and diarhea but these are merely te body's flusing out the excess vitamins. i take a daily dose of 500 mg sodium ascorbate, the non acidic vitamin c after every meal.
1500 mg is too much! You could get kidney stones or worse.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't agree that too much vitamin C doesn't hurt, I've damaged my stomach because of it, it's too much acid!

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I don't agree that too much vitamin C doesn't hurt, I've damaged my stomach because of it, it's too much acid!

What symptoms have you experienced? It might be something else.