• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Walmart emerging into healthcare

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
thats a bit of a stretch. I easily could have substituted WalMart for McDonalds or any other recognizable landmark that has saturated this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats a bit of a stretch. I easily could have substituted WalMart for McDonalds or any other recognizable landmark that has saturated this country.

ya maybe a bit of a stretch, but i think braaq's post is clear as day. but still, when you say they have "saturated" this country you're putting a negative connotation with it. why? Why do you dislike a business that runs totally within the means of the law, and runs their business very efficiently. not to mention the nearly 2 million people they employ.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
ya maybe a bit of a stretch, but i think braaq's post is clear as day. but still, when you say they have "saturated" this country you're putting a negative connotation with it. why? Why do you dislike a business that runs totally within the means of the law, and runs their business very efficiently. not to mention the nearly 2 million people they employ.
I don't like alot of popular businesses.

If you would've preferred me use an example that isn't a "business", I could've easily posted a picture of a church. There are probably 10 churches within walking distance of my house.

I think my original point of that post was to say that I'd want America to dig for oil wherever they can, because if I can choose between the eyesore of an oil derek or the eyesore of a WalMart, I'd rather see the derek.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't like alot of popular businesses.

If you would've preferred me use an example that isn't a "business", I could've easily posted a picture of a church. There are probably 10 churches within walking distance of my house.

I think my original point of that post was to say that I'd want America to dig for oil wherever they can, because if I can choose between the eyesore of an oil derek or the eyesore of a WalMart, I'd rather see the derek.

so you're post was one of preferring one structure's decor over another purely because of how they look? santawhat

i'm not quite sure that really is what you meant. i'm not trying to tell you what you think, but maybe your opinion towards them has changed since then, because i don't think that's quite what you meant

but again, why don't you like a lot of popular businesses? when you describe it like that, it sounds like you hate them just because they're popular. which isn't much of a reason to hate something

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The problem I have with Wal-Mart is that they often move into areas where there are no other big businesses but a lot of mom and pop shops. Of course, the mom and pop shops can't keep up with a store like Wal-Mart and they eventually go under. I can't remember the documentary but it showed how Wal-Mart would move in and the center of town would end up a ghost town because of all the small businesses closing.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The problem I have with Wal-Mart is that they often move into areas where there are no other big businesses but a lot of mom and pop shops. Of course, the mom and pop shops can't keep up with a store like Wal-Mart and they eventually go under. I can't remember the documentary but it showed how Wal-Mart would move in and the center of town would end up a ghost town because of all the small businesses closing.

I saw that on HBO or one of the premium channels. Its America though, but lately I can't say that. Capitalism is dead in my eyes. The reason I am saying that is because if it was truely alive then we wouldn't be BAILING anyone out of any problem and just let the market play itself out. If the big 3 need bailing out and so did the mortgage companies, then how come we didn't help these smaller mom and pop stores? Shouldn't it be fair across the board? Pretty damn shitty in my eyes.

Oh and for the record, I think whoever has the best business plan and uses it so be able to continue to prosper. So no bailouts, no crying just because you can't keep up. Find another niche and make your money there.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw that on HBO or one of the premium channels. Its America though, but lately I can't say that. Capitalism is dead in my eyes. The reason I am saying that is because if it was truely alive then we wouldn't be BAILING anyone out of any problem and just let the market play itself out. If the big 3 need bailing out and so did the mortgage companies, then how come we didn't help these smaller mom and pop stores? Shouldn't it be fair across the board? Pretty damn shitty in my eyes.

Oh and for the record, I think whoever has the best business plan and uses it so be able to continue to prosper. So no bailouts, no crying just because you can't keep up. Find another niche and make your money there.

There is alot more to the demise of the big 3 than faulty business plans. The big 3 are held hostage by the CAW and the UAW. The unions have bitten the hand that feeds too many times and as a result they contributed greatly to the current crisis. I am not saying all union members are bad, but the union protects the people who don't deserve protection. I love what they did for safety, but in terms of the protection the supply to employees who don't pull their weight its ridiculous. I am not just saying this out of my ass, I have worked in one of Ford's engine casting plants, and the shit that goes on is insane.

Also free trade is a big issue here. The japanese and koreans have free run of selling their cars here without us supplying big taxes on them, the big 3 don't have that right abroad.

The failure of the Big 3 is not just indicative of their own shortcomings but it is indicative of the failure of many years of fiscally irresponsible and unbalanced policy from the governments and consumers.