• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA featherweight title retained by Leo Santa Cruz

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although a unanimous decision win by Leo Santa Cruz to retain the WBA featherweight title, it was an exciting fight that was very dynamic in pace. Santa Cruz won the rematch with Abner Mares by a decision of 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113. Santa Cruz now has a record of 35-1-1 while Mares has 31-3-1. The only loss of Mares was by Carl Frampton in 2016.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this was one of the most awaited fights ever. Since 2015, I looked forward to seeing the Mexican back in the ring with Mares. After Cruz got a cut over his left eye, I thought Mares was going to at least dominate the remaining rounds but I was wrong.

M

Maestro

Now that Cruz has proven again that he is still the same undisputed winner from 3 years ago, I hope we will be afforded the opportunity to see him challenge WBC champion Gary Russell Jr. in a unification bout.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Mares said in an interview that Santa Cruz deserved to win, but he did his best. He also stressed out that he wants a third fight with him. I'll wait for that one to materialize and watch it live.