• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBO light heavyweight title to Alvarez

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eleider Alvarez knocked down Sergei Kovalev 3 times in the 7th round to claim the WBO light heavyweight belt. With that victory, the undefeated Alvarez now has 24 wins with 12 knockouts while Kovalev suffered his 3rd loss with 32 wins for his fight record. It was a sorry loss for Kovalev because he was ahead in all the score cards of the judges before that fateful 7th round. Kovalev, however, may be offered a rematch with Alvarez.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, it seems like things changed in the middle of the 7th round when Alvarez rocked Kovalev with a huge right hand that sent the champ staggering backwards and down to the mat. Kovalev did get back up on his feet, but with blood running down his face, he was never the same again and was knocked down a second time.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Eleider Alvarez is very sharp with his movement and power. He is also very relentless as well where he's even more dangerous. Kudos to the champion!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm pretty sure Sergey Kovalev will neverforget that Saturday night. I think Kovalev now knows how Bernad Hopkin felt when he kicked his ass in Boardwalk Hall in the same area code back in 2014.

M

Maestro

It is kind of poetic if you ask me. I mean this is the same place (Atlantic City) where Kovalev reigned supreme four years ago, and it is the same place he was destined to fall.