• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do you intend to achieve with bodybuilding?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's unfortunate, but the truth.

-Hardly anyone makes money bodybuilding, it's more of a hobby than a job. Hell, Jose Raymond even said this is the first year he's made money with bodybuilding. Thus bodybuilders usually don't have much money, unless it's already in the family.
-Bodybuilders spend a good majority of their time in the gym or eating. A woman that's considered a "9 or 10" wouldn't put up with this well, as they usually require much more attention to keep them happy.
-Bodybuilders usually spend about 90% of the year bulked up. Women don't like their men "bulked up," they prefer them lean and looking good. You won't ever see any girl watching "The Worlds Strongest Man" competition yelling "OMG HE'S SOOO HOT!!"
-To add to the money problem, the little money that they often do have, goes into food and drugs. A woman that's considered a "9 or 10" is going to want diamond earrings, diamond this, diamond that. Meanwhile, would expect to be treated like a princess.
-Bodybuilders are spending most of their time into improving themselves and their physique. A woman that's considered a "9 or 10" would often refuse to be with a man that is more into themselves than their woman.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure bodybuilders get their fair share of tang at times. But, it's unlikely a woman considered a "9 or 10" would settle down with a bodybuilder. One small exception is girls into bikini, fitness, and figure competitions sometimes seem into bodybuilders, because they also live that type of lifestyle.

I'm not a bodybuilding hater, I'm a bodybuilding realist.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^awesome post flex very realistic

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I see what you mean flex. But women who are into fitness are also into guys who workout. I got zero intercourse until about a year into working out and all the lays ive gotten since then were from girls who liked my muscles. I think i would look great with another 15lbs of muscle. ofcourse i dont want to stop lifting and progressing but my ideal physique to look good and maybe not competative good still requires a lot of mass gaining. I usually only carbload for workouts and dont have much carbs inbetween days so im generally pretty flat. My shoulders, forearms and upperback are still pretty undersized so adding mass to them aswell as a few more lbs everywhere else and i think ill look good. As of now you cant really tell i workout while wearing a tshirt, most girls who know i workout either saw my FB pics or saw me at the gym. It will take me a minimum of 3 years to accomplish a look im happy with and thats what im focusing on now; adding 5lbs every year and building my aesthetic weaknesses.

BTW, im going by how things are around here. Girls love muscular physiques around here.

Last edited:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol, I'm not arguing that women don't like muscle Dilated.

I guess my post was a bit of a rant, but it was more intended towards IFBB pros and many competitive NPC competitors.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yeah u do have a lot of true points.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I would settle with a bikini competitor.. for sure.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I see what you mean flex. But women who are into fitness are also into guys who workout. I got zero intercourse until about a year into working out and all the lays ive gotten since then were from girls who liked my muscles. I think i would look great with another 15lbs of muscle. ofcourse i dont want to stop lifting and progressing but my ideal physique to look good and maybe not competative good still requires a lot of mass gaining. I usually only carbload for workouts and dont have much carbs inbetween days so im generally pretty flat. My shoulders, forearms and upperback are still pretty undersized so adding mass to them aswell as a few more lbs everywhere else and i think ill look good. As of now you cant really tell i workout while wearing a tshirt, most girls who know i workout either saw my FB pics or saw me at the gym. It will take me a minimum of 3 years to accomplish a look im happy with and thats what im focusing on now; adding 5lbs every year and building my aesthetic weaknesses.

BTW, im going by how things are around here. Girls love muscular physiques around here.

where is "around here".

I'm coming.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
lol i just mean Southern California.

Cork

Cork

For me, I'd like to just go as far as I can naturally. Old age will probably catch up to me first before I reach any kind of peak considering I started to so late (I started BBing at 25). I'm taking my time with everything and really learning my body. Right now I have a great handle on everything and I know what it will take to push myself to continue to keep growing.

I am not growing as fast as some naturals who dedicate more time and effort, but my gains are consistant and I can't complain. I might never amount to anything on stage, but BBing is all about constant progression to me. Of course... all this mentality could change if I start winning shows. I'll probably drive for my pro card if that happens. But at this rate, I'm satisfied with taking my body to it's limits and still placing 4th-last place.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, I'd like to just go as far as I can naturally. Old age will probably catch up to me first before I reach any kind of peak considering I started to so late (I started BBing at 25). I'm taking my time with everything and really learning my body. Right now I have a great handle on everything and I know what it will take to push myself to continue to keep growing.

I am not growing as fast as some naturals who dedicate more time and effort, but my gains are consistant and I can't complain. I might never amount to anything on stage, but BBing is all about constant progression to me. Of course... all this mentality could change if I start winning shows. I'll probably drive for my pro card if that happens. But at this rate, I'm satisfied with taking my body to it's limits and still placing 4th-last place.
I like your outlook on it. Good luck to you.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I first was doing it to be big. But now I do it for fun. This is because I have learned to love my body type over the years. So it doesn't bother me if I do not have perfect gym body.

Reactions: underbody