• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is a hedge fund?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw something on this on the news tonight, some of the Exec's for this are making over a billion dollars a year. Thought it's worth the post.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good post, answers good questions too.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Apparently there's a LOT of people making a lot of money to this. Maybe someone who knows more economics can comment, but I guess one of the ways they make money is by "short selling" stocks, which is essentially betting that the instruments are going to go down.

Seems like a logical thing to look into with the current economy.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YEa but I doubt any of us are eligible for that Accredited status lol

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YEa but I doubt any of us are eligible for that Accredited status lol

haha... yeah, I don't think there will be a musclemecca inc. hedge fund soon... but still, the principles in general are worth looking at.

Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They are kind of like handicapping a race. People with enough capital (IE, not us...:tiphat:) get together, and agree to certain risks in exchange for greater liquidity, decreased regulations, lack of registration etc. They remind me of a cash buyer for a business, where they are given favoritism over a credit buyer due to lack of loopholes.