• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is CrossFit and should you do it?

Tiger Fitness

Tiger Fitness

CrossFit is a branded exercise program that includes often changing functional motions carried out with great intensity. Greg Glassman, who together with Lauren Jenai launched CrossFit in 2000, created the program. CrossFit is a registered trademark. As of 2022, the corporation operated over 12,000 affiliated gyms throughout more than 150 countries, with less than half of them in the United States. This makes the company what has been dubbed the largest fitness chain in the world.

High-intensity interval training, Olympic weightlifting, plyometrics, powerlifting, gymnastics, kettlebell lifting, calisthenics, strongman, and other activities are all included into the fitness philosophy and sport known as CrossFit. Members of CrossFit-affiliated gyms and those who engage in daily exercise engage in it (otherwise known as "WODs" or "Workouts of the Day").

CrossFit has drawn criticism for being more dangerous for injuries than other sports like conventional weightlifting.

There are also worries that this approach might result in exertional rhabdomyolysis, a potentially fatal breakdown of muscle caused by severe exertion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KaiGold
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
CrossFit looks like an orthopedic's wet dream to me. The compound movements in awkward positions while moving are puzzling and I don't want to screw up my joints or back any more at this age. But maybe I'm totally wrong and it's great. But I'll stick with the regular weight training.

Reactions: KaiGold