• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's the best natty way to maintain muscle mass while recovering from surgery?

S

shenanigans

Hey fellow physique enthusiasts. I'm Nick from Baltimore, 37 years old. I'm about 10 years into casual bodybuilding (never competed). I'm 5'9", 185 lbs, and around 13% body fat. My physique fluctuates a bit, and I'm naturally an ectomorph. I was about 135 lbs when I started.

Here's the issue: not to get too gruesome, but I'm having surgery to remove some internal hemorrhoids in a week and a half. Ironically, the doctors suspect that straining during heavy lifting caused them, and they're going the be the reason I'm essentially bedridden and unable to lift for 7-10 days after surgery.

Keeping in mind the nature of the operation, I'm going to want to limit solid food intake to minimize excruciating bowel movements during my downtime. I'm also not going to be able to lift at all. Typically I only supplement with whey protein, creatine monohydrate, some BCAAs during a workout, and occasional caffeine as a pre-workout. I ran a SARM cycle one time about ten years ago, but I've been natty ever since and want to keep it that way. So, without resorting to SARMS or anything similar, what are the best options for me to maintain as much muscle mass as possible through this downtime, and to get as much of it back afterward as quickly as possible?

Any advice is appreciated. I'm really pretty nervous about the surgery and its lingering effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: TalkAdmin and KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good question. Not sure how you can maintain without lifting. Just focus on healing and hot the weights again what.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with @KaiGold. Wait! Focus on healing, if you don’t you will only set yourself back further. Maybe see what the surgeon thinks about doing some mild yoga just to keep stretched. Nothing to invasive but yoga has been shown to help build and maintain muscle mass.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!