• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

What's the best time to workout, before or after meals?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
When is the best time for a workout, is it before a meal or afterwards? Some people suggests that it's best to time your workout after having a meal while others believe that having a workout before a meal is the best. What's your take on this?
 
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
397
Points
18
I think it's way better to exercise before a meal. Working out immediately after a meal is not good for you. Plus, as for me, I usually have this tendency to be sleepy right after eating, so I choose to work out before devouring on food.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
I have heard that when completing something like a one-hour workout, that you can burn more fat when eating very little or nothing before a workout- and exercising more in a fasted state, had a more positive impact on their metabolism as well- so try to eat after a workout if you can.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
In my case, it is not good to do the workout before meals because I tend to get indigestion especially when I am famished and had more than my quota of food. But after a meal, I have to take at least 2 hours for the food to be digested before indulging in heavy physical activity. That way, I feel normal with the workout and my tummy will not be bothering me.
 
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2020
Messages
303
Points
18
Its just before a meal since you can easily throw up all the food when doing a lot of exercise. Its also good before meals since the exercises make you to have a lot appetite I reccomend you do it before meals.
 

Similar threads

LiftWithPurpose
Replies
0
Views
198
LiftWithPurpose
LiftWithPurpose
Hypocrisy86
Replies
11
Views
5K
Makaveli1996
Makaveli1996
Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
31
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Top