• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Whey Protein

M

murray.gill

Active member
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
30
Points
6
Is Optimum Nutrition a good whey... I recently Found it in my store i usually go to and found the Gold Standard Whey. But they Have got so many flavours and things i was jus wondering if the gold standard is higher in carbs that the normal other whey proteins.????
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
Is Optimum Nutrition a good whey... I recently Found it in my store i usually go to and found the Gold Standard Whey. But they Have got so many flavours and things i was jus wondering if the gold standard is higher in carbs that the normal other whey proteins.????

read the nutricion facts. :bitelip:
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
If your looking for a zero carbohydrate protein they are out there but I believe ON adds fiber to there whey but the sugar in it is not bad 1 grams for each scoop. Digistive enzymes are in there for sure which I like.
you can find way cheaper proteins online though and some much better quality .
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
You need carbs. Dont try to exclude powders by a couple of grams of carbs. Go with a good multi-source protein. ON NitroCore is my personal favorite. IMO there is no reason to do just a whey when research shows that a mixture of whey and caseins is far superior.
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
You need carbs. Dont try to exclude powders by a couple of grams of carbs. Go with a good multi-source protein. ON NitroCore is my personal favorite. IMO there is no reason to do just a whey when research shows that a mixture of whey and caseins is far superior.

why do you need carbohydrates? im sorry but I call those fillers you can add your own if you wanted to...
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey protein is the best bang for your buck. i been looking at the top whey proteins out there before i bought what i usually buy (ON 100% whey) and i couldnt find ANYTHING with as much protein per serving, as many servings, as many BCAA's (u should buy seperate aminos anyways) with nearly the same price. I take two scoops with some powder still piled on top (on flat with the rim of the scoop) so i can get a 50 gram protein in

only 39.99 on dpsnutrition.net




Ive heard good things about species nutrition Isolyze and the Progenex supplements, but they are far beyond my budget... What i noticed with anything u buy, theres always the best "bang for your buck" product and then anything greater than that, u end up paying an arm and a leg for an inch of better quality.... which is worth it if u have money to spend.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
M

murray.gill

Active member
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
30
Points
6
so basically gold standard whey is perfect for me if im just looking at getting ripped and shredded. I do not want to bulk up by any means. jus look more leaner .. haha..

Or do you guys suggest any other whey proteins... i am currently taking USN igf whey protein. not sure if you guys have it in your countries...

but def looking at optimum nutrition products.... and im also concerned about the sugar content????
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
why do you need carbohydrates? im sorry but I call those fillers you can add your own if you wanted to...

Because humans use carbohydrates as their main source of energy. I just dont see how a couple grams of carbohydrates are going to hurt anybody for the sake of texture and taste unless you are specific to keto
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
Because humans use carbohydrates as their main source of energy. I just dont see how a couple grams of carbohydrates are going to hurt anybody for the sake of texture and taste unless you are specific to keto
Although I love KETO
I'm Just saying when I buy 2 lbs of protein I dont want 1.5 of protein and 5.lbs of flavoring and carbs I can add that my self to the protein powder...

Im might just be be if I buy wpi I just want wpi same with whey concentrate...

Sorry If i sounded rude...
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Although I love KETO
I'm Just saying when I buy 2 lbs of protein I dont want 1.5 of protein and 5.lbs of flavoring and carbs I can add that my self to the protein powder...

Im might just be be if I buy wpi I just want wpi same with whey concentrate...

Sorry If i sounded rude...

if u look up at the ON protein, there is around 29 grams of material and 24 of those grams are protein. so i doubt it would end up being anywhere close to 1.5 lbs of protein and .5 lbs of carbs unless u get a reall piece of shit protein shake. Most wpi like isopure would taste like crap if u add carbs to the shake, so a good protein will have crarbs but its not a substantial ammount.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Because humans use carbohydrates as their main source of energy. I just dont see how a couple grams of carbohydrates are going to hurt anybody for the sake of texture and taste unless you are specific to keto
I would use Optimum even if I were doing a keto diet. It's not like a few grams of carbs will drop you out of keto. It's impossible to go zero carbs.
 

Similar threads

Top