• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Which Creatine should i BUY?!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
I been getting BSN cellmass for years and im gonna start taking supplements again but i want to try something different, what do you guys reccomend? what is the best bang for your buck creatine?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
The one that is straight creatine mono and the cheapest.

I have used ON creatine, but there was another that caught my eye, similar price and it was pharmaceutical grade mono. Do a search.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Ive been thinking about ON. What difference would pharmaceutical grade be?
 
bangbang

bangbang

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
133
Points
16
Good old creatine monohydrate seems to work the best imo.
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
the cheapest mono you can find.

I use dymatize.
 
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,977
Points
38
I use EAS phosphagen. Got it for a good price and have no complaints.
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
Find a local website that just sells plain bulk creatine mono
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
I need some advice.

When you take creatine, will it dehydrate you if you dont drink a substantial ammount of water?

Or does is help retain water?

How long until it takes to get on full effect?

Im lost because i thought creatine helped volumize your muscle cells and helped retain water in the muscles. But ive also heard that it dehydrates you... does it dehydrate you? i am pretty lost.

I was having a conversation with a friend who wanted me to order creatine for her aswell but she changed her mind because she doesnt want to get dehydrated.... but i thought creatine helped retain water :dunnodude:. we then got into a lil arguement about it but it really got me thinking. There are some guys here who are pretty smart about these things, can you help?

EDIT: I just read an article that is pretty much what i have always thought about creatine and that the study shows no negative response in hydration.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr36.htm

I would still like to hear your thoughts on the subject.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Shouldn't dehydrate you. But then again the data they are referring to (in terms of creatine can dehydrate you) is for distance athletes that were sweating a lot. The rehydration was performed and creatine "preferentially" shuttles itself and water into the muscles. As such the water loss was not effectively replaced in all tissues(from memory). But of course creatine is not biased by muscle cells, so body dehydration wouldn't be an issue for you.

Hope I'm making sense here. Basically don't worry about it. Cramping and carperl tunnel are some of the only real side effects.
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
I think I'll go for ON creatine as well. I've been using Size On for a while now after my workouts but I honestly don't know if it's making a big difference.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pingu

pingu

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
342
Points
16
The body needs water for several things, and when you use creatine, it "steals" some of the water that was going to other things then the muscles. But no worries, just drink enough water and you will be fine.

I recomend the regulare monohydrat, find the cheapest..
Its the only thing that actually documentated that it works..

Take 5 grams every day, + 5g extra after training the days you train.
Dont bother doing the thing that stands on the box (5x5g the first week or so) thats just a waste....

The thing i notice with creatine is that i can maybe push a rep or two extra on high rep sets.. And it makes running etc easier...
After a couple of days on it, my body weighs acutally 1-2kgs more.. (water retainment) .
 
S

SolidSa

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
76
Points
18
ON's Micronized Creatine is much better compared to others I tried. It's easily mixed when you shake and gives you great energy when you workout. Good for bulking and strength gain. And is worth every cent you spend on them.
 
S

Steelbody

Active member
Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
31
Points
8
You can buy any creatine mono hydrate. Most of them are the same. Buy a decent company that provides a good offer.
 

Similar threads

SweatLovin
Replies
1
Views
79
dannytrains
dannytrains
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
902
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
wrestling lyon
Replies
14
Views
6K
joseph
J
Top