• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which is healthier, Whites or Yolks or just eat the Whole Egg?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

This discussion has been going on for a century now and it started with eating the whole egg being healthy and then some researchers announced that eating whites are healthier because it doesn't have cholesterol, and thus a good source of protein, so that was the norm for a couple of decades then a few years back researchers and scientists released their updated findings that eggs eaten whole are healthier because the yolks contains good cholesterol. So all those years of eating a lot of tasteless egg whites seems to be useless because with the new findings, eating the whole egg is much beneficial and doesn't contribute to high blood pressure.

Here's one of the article links...
https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/healthy-eating/food-and-nutrition/protein-foods/eggs

So, what's your take on this?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember the hype sometime in the 1980s that the egg is bad for our health. That did not sit well with the egg producers in our county. They launched a marketing hype of their own. And I agree with the egg producers because the egg is one complete meal. When you have nothing to eat, you can subsist on boiled eggs. However, I understand that eating eggs excessively can increase the cholesterol level and it can affect the heart. But eaten occasionally, the egg is beneficial to the body - the egg in whole.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You heard that for years, that the yolk of the egg is so bad for you, and then just a few years ago the so called experts changed their tune and said go ahead and eat the yolks as well. The white part is mostly protein and the egg yolk also contains all sort of nutrients, but the yolks are high in cholesterol. The thing about cholesterol, is that just because the food is high in cholesterol, doesn't really mean that it raises the cholesterol levels in th blood. I would still be careful not to eat to many eggs on a daily basis though- so they say one or two eggs a day are safe.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The yolks are essential if you're looking to increase your intake of vitamins A, B12, and D, as well as your daily calcium, folate, and omega-3s. Meaning you could have an egg a day if you like, but it's necessary to be mindful of how much cheese, meat, and other dairy products you eat during the rest of your day.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not sure which one is more nutritious.But i suggest you eat the whole thing.There is nothing to loose when you eat the whole egg.