• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Which routine worked best for you

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
monday - chest, abs & calves
tuesday - legs
wednesday - arms, abs & calves
thursday - shoulders, abs & calves
friday - back
 
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
Freako- that sounds really intense, you'd have to get some serious r&r to avoid overtraining. Can you write it out so I can see what it looked like though. That one had to be fun.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Freako- that sounds really intense, you'd have to get some serious r&r to avoid overtraining. Can you write it out so I can see what it looked like though. That one had to be fun.

I correct myself... it was a 4 part split spread over 2 days kinda like this Arnold split:
ARNOLD'S DOUBLE SPLIT

Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 2 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 3 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 4 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 5 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 6 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 7 Rest

...but I did it this way
EL FREAKO'S DOUBLE SPLIT

Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest/Legs
Day 2 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 3 Chest/Legs
Day 4 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 5 Chest/Legs
Day 6 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 7 Rest

or...
Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 2 Legs/Arms
Day 3 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 4 Legs/Arms
Day 5 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 6 Legs/Arms
Day 7 Rest

These were just some of the variations. Most workouts were over an hour and legs tended to last 3. They were epic. It worked though, I packed on 10 kgs in 10 months (including a couple of bouts of the flu). Towards the end of it I would get asked a few times a week what I was on which got kind of annoying. "Protein and rolled oats" I would reply. I'm not sure I could do it again, it took ages to build up the muscle endurance. I think I might have had a late growth spurt to to help me along. I used to have little half week lay offs ever now and again when I felt I needed them.
 
J

jguruz

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2008
Messages
23
Points
1
5 day split

This worked best for me over the past 7 months or so as a newbie, ive made some pretty good gains out of this, whilst cutting at the same time.

Day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Back
Day 3 - Legs
Day 4 - Shoulders/Traps
Day 5 - Arms (bi's and tri's)

Did 20 mins cardio on 2 of these days along with abs work
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
HST was fine, tried that months ago. Only problem is it's lacking volume. I also tried certain arrangements and nothing's worked better than:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Arms

2 off days, 4-5 exercises/bodypart and 4-5 sets/exercise. High volume and acute rest periods for single-joint lifts.

I do very little direct ab work. The load put on the abs through compound, core stabilizing lifts are far better and effective than a crunching, lumbar bending ab exercise. In crunches, sling leg raises, etc. the abs play more of a stabilizing role while the hip flexers and back control the movement.

Some words in my point of view here.
 
wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
366
Points
16
an upper/lower split
4 days on
3 days off
 

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
0
Views
61
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
39
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
29
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top